Enabling people to move from disability awareness to disability confidence is an important part of building an inclusive workplace and improving customer service.
Would staff in your organisation know the right way to deal with a customer or colleague who has a physical or visual impairment, or has mental health issues? Would they be able to deal with them comfortably and confidently, or would they feel awkward or embarrassed and be afraid of doing or saying the wrong thing?
This course combines original drama with powerful personal testimony from people with a range of disabilities and insight from the experts to show the practical steps you need to take in order to provide effective service for disabled customers and support disabled colleagues and staff.
- No prior knowledge required.
- The advantages of being disability confident.
- Why we may need to challenge our attitudes to disability.
- The most appropriate ways to work with disabled colleagues and how to communicate with and serve disabled customers.
- The types of ‘reasonable adjustments’ that need to be made for staff and customers with disabilities.
- The importance of promoting appropriate behaviour in relation to deliberate bullying and harassment.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
At Skill Boosters we work with leading subject matter experts to design, develop and deliver effective video based training for the workplace. We are passionate about delivering impactful training which helps to build productive, tolerant and inclusive individuals, teams and workplaces and which improves lives and life chances.
Our courses combine video drama, expert analysis, documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that engages, informs and inspires our learners.
Skill Boosters courses and resources are trusted by many of the world's leading organisations to develop and improve the skills and behaviours of their people.