This bestselling course teaches the latest version of Vue (Vue.js 3) from the ground up and in great detail. We'll cover all the core basics but we'll not stop thereafter - this course also dives into advanced concepts like the Composition API introduced with Vue 3.
Frontend frameworks like Vue JS are extremely popular because they give us this reactive, great user experience we know from mobile apps - but now in the browser! No wonder that jobs requiring frontend framework skills like VueJS are amongst the best paid ones in the industry!
You may know Angular 2+ and ReactJS, well, VueJS combines the best of both frameworks and makes building anything from small widgets to big, enterprise-level apps a breeze and a whole lot of fun!
And if you don't know the two mentioned frameworks: That's fine, too, this course does not expect any knowledge of any other frontend framework - you will learn it all throughout this Course!
This course covers it all!
We'll start at the very basics, what Vue.js is and how it works before we move on to more complex and advanced topics but I'll be honest: It's too much to fit it all into one sentence, so here's what you'll learn in this Course:
- What is VueJS and Why would you use it?
- The Basics (including the basic Syntax, Understanding Templates and much more!)
- How to Output Reactive Data & Listen to Events
- Interacting with DOM (Rendering Lists, Conditionally attaching/ detaching Elements )
- Setting up a Development Environment and Workflow
- Using Components (and what Components are to begin with)
- A Deep Dive Look Behind the Scenes of Vue
- Binding to Form Inputs
- Sending Http Requests to Backend APIs
- Authentication & Vue
- How to make your App more Beautiful with Animations and Transitions
- How to create an awesome Single-Page-Application (SPA) with Routing
- How to improve State Management by using Vuex
- How to Deploy the App
- And much more
All these topics are taught with real examples and demo projects. This course is full of exercises, challenges and bigger courser projects that allow you to practice what you learned.
Along with many other smaller projects, we will build a couple of bigger main projects:
- The "Monster Slayer" Game - a game running in the browser, 100% powered by Vue
- The "Learning Resource Manager" - a web app that allows you to manage (add, delete, list) your favorite learning resources
- The "Find a Coach" app - a web app that allows you to sign up / login, register as a coach, list and filter available coaches and send messages to coaches
At the moment, this course includes both my brand-new Vue 3 course as well as my old Vue 2 course (the section marked as "VUE2"). The Vue 2 course will removed later this year.
Is this course for you?
Now that you know what this course is about, let's see if this course is for you!
Here are three types of students who will love this course:
You already have some experience with other frontend frameworks like Angular (2+) or ReactJS. But either due to interest or disappointment of the existing frameworks, you seek some alternatives - VueJS might be what you were looking for!
Has experience with backend frameworks/ languages but now also wants to enter the frontend world. VueJS is an awesome choice here, it's fun, it uses native JS and it's extremely powerful!
Bonus: Student #4
Is disappointed by Angular 2+. Does a good framework need 2 hours of setup? No, certainly not - as VueJS will prove to this student!
Let's dive into VueJS right now!
- ES6 Knowledge is a Plus but not a Must
- Basic HTML and CSS Knowledge is assumed throughout the Course
- Build amazing Vue.js Applications - all the Way from Small and Simple Ones up to Large Enterprise-level Ones
- Understand the Theory behind Vue.js and use it in Real Projects
- Leverage Vue.js in both Multi- and Single-Page-Applications (MPAs and SPAs)
- Learn the latest version of Vue (Vue 3), including the brand-new Composition API
Experience as (Web) Developer
Starting out at the age of 13 I never stopped learning new programming skills and languages. Early I started creating websites for friends and just for fun as well. Besides web development I also explored Python and other non-web-only languages. This passion has since lasted and lead to my decision of working as a freelance web developer and consultant. The success and fun I have in this job is immense and really keeps that passion burningly alive.
Starting web development on the backend (PHP with Laravel, NodeJS, Python) I also became more and more of a frontend developer using modern frameworks like React, Angular or VueJS 2 in a lot of projects. I love both worlds nowadays!
As a self-taught developer I had the chance to broaden my horizon by studying Business Administration where I hold a Master's degree. That enabled me to work in a major strategy consultancy as well as a bank. While learning, that I enjoy development more than these fields, the time in this sector greatly improved my overall experience and skills.
Experience as Instructor
As a self-taught professional I really know the hard parts and the difficult topics when learning new or improving on already-known languages. This background and experience enables me to focus on the most relevant key concepts and topics. My track record of many 5-star rated courses, more than 700,000 students on Udemy as well as a successful YouTube channel is the best proof for that.
Whether working as development instructor or teaching Business Administration I always received great feedback. The most rewarding experience is to see how people find new, better jobs, build awesome web applications, acquire amazing projects or simply enjoy their hobby with the help of my content.
Together with Manuel Lorenz, I founded Academind to offer the best possible learning experience to our more than 800,000 students.