VMware vSphere 6.0 is the platform businesses depend on to deploy and manage their virtualized Windows and Linux workloads. In this course you will learn the concepts, skills and mechanics you need to get you started as a VMware vSphere 6.0 administrator.
Why Take This Course? (Please click blue Full details link just below)
Here are some great reasons why you should consider enrolling in this course:
- Our courses are amongst the highest rated of all vSphere courses on Udemy. We consistently earn scores of 4.4 to 4.8 stars out of 5!
- New! All of our course content is downloadable so you can learn any time on any compatible device
- Most feedback of any vSphere course on Udemy. Over 580 people have rated this course making it the most reviewed vSphere course on Udemy. Please check out our feedback
- Fastest growing vSphere course on Udemy! Over 2,900 people have enrolled in this class. We add more new students per day than any other vSphere course. People sign up because of our content, quality and price
- One of the lowest cost vSphere courses on Udemy! We give you 8.5 hrs of detailed lectures for $20 or less. Other vSphere courses charge $70 or more for much less content
- We have some of the newest vSphere courses on Udemy. Our courses were developed in late 2015 and published throughout 2016. Many others Udemy courses on VMware date back to 2013 or earlier
- We have the most complete set of vSphere courses on Udemy. Combined, our Part 1 through 6 courses give you 31+hours of vSphere 6 training. Nobody else offers anything close to the breadth and depth of vSphere training that you will get here
- We offer lots of free preview content. Check the course out for yourself before you buy
- Video demonstrations that show you how to complete all tasks discussed in your course
Check us out. Try any of the free preview lessons to see if this course is for you.
Added Bonus! This course is 100% downloadable. Take it with you and learn on your schedule.
About This Course - Learn VMware vSphere 6 from the ground up
This is an in-depth introductory course on virtualization with VMware vSphere 6. This course covers four major topics that all vSphere 6 administrators must know:
- First, we start by learning how to install and configure the ESXi 6.0 hypervisor. From there, we configure ESXi host management networking, join our host to a Windows AD domain, set up time services and much more
- Next, we explore virtual and physical networking. Virtual networking is used to provide Ethernet and TCP/IP networking to VMs. Physical networking is used by both ESXi and VMs to communicate to physical network peers. You will learn to build NIC teams for fast, reliable networking, and how to enable Cisco Discovery Protocol on your virtual Switches
- ESXi can use file shares for Virtual Machines, for backups and as a repository for install media images or to hold VM clones or templates. We will see the file choices ESXi supports, how to connect and disconnect from file shares and best practices for achieving both high performance and redundancy
- We will learn how to build virtual machines. You will learn about the features and capabilities of the virtual hardware layer, how to install a guest OS into your new VM, the purpose and benefits of VMware Tools and how to optimize your VMs for best performance and lowest resource overhead.
- Included at the end of each chapter is a series of one or more video demonstrations that show you exactly how to use your new vSphere skills in a live vSphere 6 environment!
Get in-depth lectures, insights, concepts, how-tos and more. Start learning vSphere 6 now - here on Udemy.
- Have a basic knowledge of Ethernet and TCP/IP
- You should understand and know how to use file shares (e.g.: SMB / CIFS shares)
- Prior experience installing Windows desktop or server operating systems
- Install and configure VMware's ESXi hypervisor according to best practices
- Understand and configure virtual and physical networking
- Connect ESXi to NFS shares
- Create, edit, power on and run Virtual Machines
Get VMware vSphere 6.7, 6.5 and 6.0 training here on Udemy!
Q: What do you do if you need to learn VMware vSphere introductory or advanced skills - but can't afford the $4,300+ needed to attend official VMware training?
A: Enroll in my VMware vSphere training here on Udemy!
I have created introductory and advanced vSphere 6.7, 6.5 and 6.0 learning tracks that, combined, offer over 100+ hours of VMware vSphere lectures and hands-on lab demos.
My vSphere 6.7, 6.5 and 6.0 courses provide you with training comparable to what you would get from official VMware 5-day training courses like VMware vSphere 6.7 Install, Configure, Manage or VMware vSphere 6.7 Optimize and Scale, but at just a fraction of the cost.
Here on Udemy, I can provide more insight and detail, without the time constraints of a normal instructor led training class. My goal is to give you a better training experience - for less.
How Will ESXLab vSphere Training Benefit Me?
I get lots feedback from people who tell me the benefits they have received from my courses::
- Help prepare for VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification
- Help fill in knowledge gaps on software they already have and use
- Learn about new features and capabilities of vSphere 6.7 or 6.5
- Learn how to use vSphere Web Client and HTML 5 Client (because vSphere Client is obsolete)
- Get the skills necessary to move into an entry level vSphere administrators job
- Get the skills necessary to move up to higher level vSphere administrators job
Why Learn From Me?
My name is Larry Karnis. I am an IT consultant / trainer with over 25 years of experience. I currently run an IT consulting and training company called ESXLab that specializes in VMware vSphere.
After graduating with Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Math in 1984, I worked for 10 years as a UNIX programmer and administrator. I switched to Linux in 1995 and started teaching Linux courses for Learning Tree, Global Knowledge and RedHat. At RedHat, I taught introductory and advanced Linux courses and administered the RedHat Certified Engineer exams. I even authored two books on Linux.
My VMware Experience
I've been working with VMware products since 2001. I earned my first VMware Certified Professional (VCP) designation on ESX 2.0 in 2004 (VCP #: 993). I have earned VCP in ESX 3, and in vSphere 4 and 5.
I have been providing VMware consulting and training for more than 17 years. I have lead hundreds of classes and taught thousands of people how to use vSphere - before joining Udemy (where 25,000+ people have enrolled in my courses).
I worked for VMware as a VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) for almost five years (2004-2008). After leaving VMware, I launched my own VMware training business called ESXLab.
I hold many industry certificates including VCP-Datacenter Virtualization on VMware Infrastructure 2 & 3 and vSphere 4 & 5 (ret.), VMware Certified Instructor (ret.), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), RedHat Certified Instructor (RHCI) and RedHat Certified Examiner (RHCX) as well as certifications from LPI, HP, SCO and others.
I hope to see you in one of my Udemy VMware classes There's no risk - I make plenty content available for free preview. And, you have 30 days to ask for a refund if the course doesn't work for you.
Once you enroll in one of my classes, feel free to ask questions. I usually respond within 1-2 days.
Thanks for your interest.
Instructor / ESXLab