Have you ever wanted to be able to play some of the best Christmas carols, but have been struggling where to begin? Or after trying to learn them for a while, you gave up, because it was too difficult to read the music, or to find a consistent fingering, or simply to establish a good practice routine?
Well, you are lucky! There is no need to search any more! The Violin Christmastime online course is offering a quick and easy way to learn some of the most popular Christmas carols. The video lessons include explanation on how to organize the tunes, so you memorize them easier. Simultaneous sheet music and close-up shots of the fingers show you exactly what to do. Play-along practice sessions, starting slower and moving up to a faster tempo give a steady learning pace, and finally, simple directions on how to make the song more musical, will make you sound like a true professional!
Improve your violin technique while having fun learning these beautiful tunes!
- Violin and a bow
- Positive attitude and willingness to practice 15-30 min a day
- Previous experience playing the violin. If you have never played the violin before, consider enrolling in my other course "Violin for beginners" to learn the basics, set up a good way of holding the instrument, and play a few popular tunes with me
- Play some of the most popular Christmas carols for violin
- Get useful practice strategies, which you can use to learn other new songs
- Get tips on how to make different characters with the violin, so you sound like a professional
Violinist Yuliyan Stoyanov holds a Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the College-Conservatory of Music, University of Cincinnati. His professional career includes solo, chamber music and orchestral appearances throughout the United States, as well as Bulgaria, Netherlands, Japan, Italy, Austria, China, Germany, Switzerland, and others.
Along with his classical roots, Stoyanov has explored jamming and improvising in various other genres and has performed with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Sarah Brightman, and Josh Groban.
Dr. Stoyanov is actively involved in teaching violin, chamber music, and string ensembles. His main goal is to maximize his students' results by providing them with the clearest step-by-step system to violin playing. He is a strong believer in music education being fun and easy, based on the idea that anything that we do naturally, we do without effort. In his free time, he enjoys playing with his two sons (3 and 8 years old) and practicing yoga as a way to learn more about the freedom of movements involved in violin playing.