The Songwriting Series ‘Understanding Chords’ will give you an understanding of how music is structured. It is a guide to how contemporary music is formed in a way that makes songwriting easier, faster and more intuitive.
Understanding Chords will help you discover, in a straight forward and concise manner, how you can create your own music to support your lyrics.
Developed by Chris Richter, with over 7 years of one on one music teaching experience and over 20 years of performance experience, you will discover how easy it is to create your own music.
- You should already have some basic experience playing chords to a song.
- Create songs by understanding which chords work best together.
- Understand how chords are grouped together
- Learn the basics of chord structure
- Tones and Semi-tones
- How scales are created
- How Minor Chords are Created
- How Major Chords are Created
- Chord groups
- Song Form
Chris runs a web application development company called Ricoshae Pty Ltd. Ricoshae develops advanced business web application and integrated mobile apps for government and education organisations in both Australia and Europe.
Chris is also an online education technology specialist with over 15 years supporting large education organisations online platforms and technology.