Welcome to The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Django. If you're brand new to Django, or have gotten lost in online tutorials, this is the course for you. I'll take you from being an absolute beginner to actually creating three complete Django websites. We'll also cover how to publish your sites.
This course starts with a Python Refresher. Django is a web framework written in Python. If you're new to Python, or just a bit rusty, this section will get you up to speed as quickly as possible. You don't need to be a Python expert to make Django website, but a base knowledge is needed. In the Python Refresher I'll teach you a new concept, show you some examples, then present you with a coding challenge to make sure you've understood that concept.
The three websites we'll make are as follows:
Also included in the course is a section showing you how to deploy your blog to a server and publish it for the world to see! I'll then take you step by step through working with a Ubuntu Linux server that will run your Django code 24/7.
What are the key topics covered in this course?
- URL Dispatching
- Function and Class Based Views (FBV v. CBV)
- How to start a new project
- How to create apps within a project and why they're important
- Running your project in a virtual environment using Virtualenv
- Publishing your site on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) running Ubuntu Linux
- Working with templates
- Handling GET and POST requests
- Working with a Database and Models
- Admin Interface
- Static and user uploaded images
- Authentication and User accounts
Feel free to take a free preview of this course to see if it's a good fit for you. Remember, you have a 30-day money-back guarantee with this course, so if for any reason you don't like it, you can get a full refund. There's no reason not to sign up!
Thanks for checking out The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Django. See you on the inside!