This course has recently been featured in Entrepreneur magazine
If you are a manager or entrepreneur in charge of a team, this course is for you.
This course has the ambition to build a bridge between a century of science and 21st century managers. A bridge between how our brain works and how to use that knowledge to improve our communication and leadership abilities.
To understand how and why Leadership works, we first need to understand what triggers us. We’ll be diving deep into our subconscious motivational processes. We’ll have a look at our brain, call it our ‘hardware’ and the subconscious programs running in it, that’s basically our software.
So expect tools, concrete and simple tools that you will be able to use right away with your team and colleagues. In the end, the aim of this course is to open the way for a new understanding of motivation and communication, towards a new, highly effective and sustainable model for leadership in this 21st century.
But most of all, by the end of this course, my aim is that you, as a manager, as a leader, will have understood what a crucial role you play in your team and in its success. And that you will be able to leverage that knowledge and guide your team to a new level of collaboration and engagement.
The Science behind the course
I will provide a framework based on the latest insights in cognitive psychology and related fields. Within this framework I will present you studies, research and experiments on human behavior and I will show you how they apply to leadership and team management.
Behavioral sciences have gained an increased understanding of who we are as a species, what motivates us, what de-motivates us. Why we follow some people, and why we seemingly contradict ourselves so often.
The insights gained through social psychology, ethology, cognitive sciences and more recently the rapid breakthroughs in neurosciences thanks to MRI’s and advances in neuro-imagery, have given science a whole new understanding of who we are as human beings.
But then, when we look at the corporate world and management styles, there’s like this huge gap between both worlds.
Now this course, the Science of Leadership, aims to build a bridge between both. Giving managers the understanding of what drives their teams, and the tools to act upon it.
- Discover a groundbreaking model - and manage yourself and others
- Connect with your team - and discover what truly motivates them
- Improve your coaching skills - through powerful communication tools
- Fire up engagement in your team - by using two secret ingredients
- Generate trust - and boost performance
- Boost loyalty - and stop your people from going to your competitors
- And So Much More such as genetics, cognitive biases, subconscious belief systems, hiring protocols, sexism, bullying, change processes, brainstorming, meetings and so on
- A keen interest in human behavior is the only real prerequisite for this course
- No previous knowledge required - I will take you step by step through the different concepts, models and brainstructures presented in the course
- No specific materials are needed for this course. Taking notes is recommended
- Discover a groundbreaking model of Leadership that will help me manage myself and others
- Recognize how our genetic programming influences our behavior and how to deal with that in ourselves and in others
- Connect with my team: Learn the distinction between lasting and temporary motivations. Find out an easy way to figure out what truly motivates them, then use that knowledge to improve the quality of their work and their engagement.
- Effectively engage problematic behavior born out of cognitive biases and subconscious belief systems
- Improve hiring protocols by recognizing potential pitfalls
- Improve coaching skills through powerful communication tools
- Learn how to fire up engagement in my team, buy using two secret ingredients
- Learn how to deal with issues such as workaholism, bullying, sexism, racism, ...
- Learn how to switch to my prefrontal brain and gain self-control, adaptation, willpower, focus, but also creativity and problem solving abilities . learn how to switch in just a couple of minutes and help others to access their prefrontal as well
- Generate trust, create a solid team, and boost performance
- Improve change processes, meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Boost loyalty and stop my people to go to the competition
- And much more ...
Hi, my name is Gregory Caremans. I'm the founder of the Brain Academy.
I'm a psychologist with a Master in communication, specialized in the Neurocognitive and Behavioral Approach. I'm the former Director of the Institute of Neurocognitivism in Brussels (Belgium).
With the Brain Academy we've specialized in writing and producing high quality brain-related content. Mostly, we create online courses. I'm very proud to say that The Economist has started a partnership where they offer our courses to their readers. Our courses were also featured in the magazine Entrepreneur and CNN. And I was invited to give my first TEDx Talk in December of 2018.
Here at Udemy we teach over 230.000 students and most of our courses are best-sellers:
Neuroscience for Parents is the N°1 course on parenting
Master your brain is the N°1 course on Neuroscience
Meet your brain is the N°1 free personal development course
How to keep a youthful brain is the N° 1 course on Brain Training
Our Neuroplasticity course is N°1 in its category
Our course on procrastination is the N°1 course on procrastination
Our course on Memory is the N°2 course on Memory and study skills
Our Stress Management course is N°1 out of almost 900 courses on stress.
Our leadership course is N°3, right between Seth Godin and Brian Tracy
Our course on Marketing and Manipulation is the N°3 course on influence skills
This is no coincidence. All our courses are thoroughly researched. We continuously update and improve our content. Everything we teach is science based. The Brain Academy is a member of the Max Planck Institute for Brain Research. We're very serious about the accuracy of our content.
We also dedicate a part of our profits to the Max Planck Institute. As a direct consequence of this, every time you buy one of our courses, you too are contributing to the advance in brain research. Now how cool is that!?
Join us in our journey to discover the exciting world of brain science. Enrol in one of our courses and discover for yourself how much more you can get out of your brains.
See you there!