This course, is for all beginner to intermediate guitarists and through numerous enjoyable technique exercises and play along song tracks, is aimed at introducing or advancing your knowledge and ability to play classic rock guitar.
It will take you from total beginner to having the ability to play all common Major, Minor & 5th open chord shapes and fretted 5th chords using the must know standard shapes.
Rock, Hard rock , Blues Rock, Country Rock, Soft Rock, Brit Rock and American Rock influenced classic rock are among the flavours covered.
You can use this course at whatever level you require and all lessons are aimed at real world playing, you will learn things that will enhance your playing immediately, whatever your ability level.
This course is like a taster menu of rock and is an essential "Gateway" into the realms of 'Rock Guitar"and is the perfect starting point for beginners to this genre of music as well as further study for more seasoned players.
Everything in this course has been done with two things in mind.. your enjoyment and your improvement as a guitarist.
I really hope you enjoy this course and you find it of benefit to your playing.
- You will need a guitar (preferably electric but not essential) and a means of amplification would be of real benefit.
- No experience or prior knowledge is required to take this course.
- You will know Major, Minor and 5th chords in the open position.
- You will know 5th powerchords in fretted positions using the must know shape.
- You will be able to play cool rhythm guitar in rock, hard rock, heavy rock, punk rock, southern rock, blues rock & country rock styles.
- You will have the ability/knowledge to access thousands of songs.
- You will understand and be able to put in practice the theory behind Major/Minor & 5th chords.
- On completion you will be capable of playing rock guitar to a band/jam night level.
I have been playing guitar for 30 years and have been a professional full time musician and teacher for the past 20 years, working from my home and in private colleges.
My main passion has always been blues-rock music and i have been playing in bands of this style for the past 25 years, my many hundreds of gigs range from small club and pub type venues to large open air music and biker festivals performing to thousands both home and abroad.
I am a registered Guitar Tutor with the RGT in England and have put many of my students through the London College of Music electric guitar grades and have a 100% pass rate.
I am still passionate about playing and teaching blues rock guitar and have put together a web site (see link) for anyone interested in taking a look.