Whether you are a College student learning the fundamentals of OCaml or an Industry level professional using Ocaml to build your next project this course will help you accomplish your goals. This course will hand hold you through the basics and show you everything you need to get started with OCaml. Ocaml is a functional programming language and don't stress if you have not worked with them before. We will guide you through every step of the way, right up to making your own game. This course will give you a great understanding of all the major concepts of Ocaml programming. You will be pro before you know it. Let us get started!
What will you be leaning in the course:
· Master the Features of OCaml Language
· Install OCaml and the Eclipse IDE(OcalIDE) - Our editor of choice, we will show you how to set it up on Windows as well as Macintosh.
· Execute your first ocaml program - We will show you how to write basic statements and compile them and then use the editor to do the same.
· Learn various simple types as well as collection types - Learn the basic types used in OCaml like int,decimal and data structures
· Define logic using conditional statements - Learn how to implement if/else statements in OCaml
· Learn print statements in OCaml - Print statements form the basis of a lot of testing, we had to get this covered!
· Use the different types of operators - Learn how to add, subtract and a lot more!
· Understand recursion - Not only essential to a functional programing language like Ocaml but a universal concept you should know.
· Create and use functions - the basis of any functional programming language, learn how to create your functions.
· Learn how to create user defined types in OCaml - essential as you start making your own projects.
· Learn how to use anonymous functions in OCaml - an Ocaml feature you have to have in your arsenal.
· How to apply pattern matching in practical situations with Ocaml - another OCaml feature that is used extensively.
· Build your own project - the Snake Game!
- Just an internet connection and a working computer.
- OCaml setup - we will cover this in the videos
- MacOS ElCapitan or above
- Desire to learn!
- This course will work for Windows as well.
- A windows/mac/linux operating system