A FUN Lead Guitar Class that's LOADED with techniques, exercises, and tips.
If you answer YES to any of these questions, this course is your next fun guitar adventure:
- Are you looking to get started playing lead guitar?
- Are you an experienced lead guitarist who wants to improve their abilities faster?
- Are you an advanced/elite guitarist who wants to be challenged and push your abilities to the limit?
- Do you want faster picking speed, a richer guitar tone, and more variety when you play leads?
- Are you stuck in a lead guitar playing rut and desperately need to get out of it?!
Hi, Tom Saguto here, your Udemy guitar instructor and founder of TomsRockinGuitar . I launched this class with the goal of helping other lead guitarists - from beginner to advanced playing levels - improve their lead playing abilities. This lead guitar class - or "handbook", as I have called it - will take your playing to new heights.
This class is "progressive" meaning that it is designed to improve you and take you to the next level - for example, a beginner player who masters the exercises in their class will be able to improve to the intermediate level and learn new challenges.
You can expect to learn the following (depending on your skill level):
BEGINNER-LEVEL GUITARISTS: Become a lead guitarist, learn lead guitar techniques that get you "out of the box" and have you playing awesome sounding leads in no time. Develop your ear for lead guitar and also practice exercises that will take you from being a beginner to playing faster, smoother, and cleaner.
INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL GUITARISTS: Learn the next-level set of techniques, as well as exercises, that can unlock more speed, precision, and inspire you to create new and exciting leads that you will now have the flexibility to create. With these new techniques, they will challenge you to become an advanced lead guitarist who has all of the tools to WOW a crowd and write epic guitar solos.
ADVANCED-LEVEL GUITARISTS: Looking for more lead guitar inspiration and new techniques? Looking to be challenged? Play along with difficult lead playing exercises and re-inspire your playing with high-energy rockin' techniques that elite guitarists use on a regular basis. Understand the fretboard in a new way and access newfound speed and clarity of tone.
WHAT ELSE WILL I LEARN?
TONS of things to sharpen your abilities:
When you finish this course, my goal is for you to notice a dramatic improvement in your guitar playing ability. You are going to be faster, cleaner, and impress your friends as well as the audience. This is the lead guitar player's simple guide to improvement!
I look forward to rockin' out with you in class!
- Bend to the appropriate pitch - bending to pitch means that your bends are in the proper key and that you have proper form.
- Build your finger strength - every time you bend, your fingers get stronger. Keep working them out and see your bending ability improve. Don't overdo it though. If your hands become sore or tired, stop playing and rest. Your fingers are muscles too!
- One finger is going to bend the string and another finger is going to stay still (not bending) on another string.
- Pick both strings while only bending the note with one finger.
- Own a guitar
- Must be able to play notes with some degree of smoothness and without too much difficulty transitioning between notes. Any guitarist can take this course - Recommended playing level - 6 months or higher.
- Have a desire to learn lead guitar and improve your abilities!
- Familiarity with Guitar TAB highly recommended but not necessary.