This updated course is the complete guide to the German alphabet.
You will learn
- how to pronounce the letters of the alphabet in German, including the extra letters ä, ö, ü and ß
- how to spell email addresses and other words in German
- how to spell words using the German spelling alphabet
You will also learn
- how the letters sound within a word, all the vowels, consonants and letter combinations
- how German words sound so that you can pronounce them, even if you don't know them
Listening exercises will reinforce what you have learned. And there is an option to practise some tongue twisters.
Anybody who has started learning German or has an interest in the German language will benefit from this course.
Intermediate or advanced German learners probably won't need this course but may still have fun practising their listening skills.
Here are the answers to the first listening test. No peeping until AFTER you've done the listening!!!
- All you need is a pen and paper for the listening exercises.
- You may also want to sit in a quiet room without too much background noise.
- Say the German alphabet
- Understand when people spell words in German
- Be able to spell words in German
- Be able to spell email addresses in German
- Be able to read German words, whether known or unknown
- Be able to read vowels or diphthongs within a German word correctly
- Be able to read consonants and their combinations within German words correctly
Once upon a time there was a little girl in Germany who had this idea of moving to England as soon as she was grown up and to make all English people like the German language. Then she wanted to be an air hostess, a ballet dancer, a famous singer ……
Fast forward to the present and this little girl hasn’t quite achieved what she wanted, but …
Angelika is a qualified teacher and native German speaker from Lower Saxony in the North of Germany, who moved to England in 1982. She has been teaching German since 1991. Her students are private and business clients, school children and adults in evening classes, with the youngest student being 3 years old and her oldest 80!
Angelika has written six books, two in German and four in English and seven planners and journals for language learners. She translates from English to German and vice versa, and she teaches face-to-face, via Skype and on Udemy!