This course helps you understand the relationship between corporate culture and organizational performance and how you, as a leader, can proactively create the kind of culture that will enable the highest levels of performance and results from your employees. This course:
- Defines what a corporate culture is and clearly differentiate between healthy and unhealthy elements of culture.
- Establishes a strong link between the type of culture an organization has and the results it achieves.
- Builds the case for investing time and effort into proactively creating the culture you want.
- Delivers a step-by-step approach to creating and sustaining a high-performing culture.
Upon completion, you will have the tools and information you need to immediately begin your organization’s cultural transformation.
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
- Explore what Corporate Culture is and its impact on performance and results.
- Identify “cult-like” elements that can appear inside of a Corporate Culture that have a strong negative impact on employee engagement.
- Discover a step-by-step approach to envisioning and creating the high-performance culture that your organization needs to maximize success.
Illumeo, incorporated in 2009, is revolutionizing the hide-bound world of corporate learning. Illumeo works with corporate professionals and organizations of all sizes to build the skills and capabilities that help everyone be an expert at their job.
Based in Silicon Valley, CA, Illumeo serves thousands of corporations and corporate professionals across Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing. The platform offers assessments, industry-benchmarked competency analyses, hundreds of expert-developed courses, collaborative tools, and the ability for companies to self-publish internal courses that promote institutional knowledge retention and dissemination.
Illumeo is the place for expertise management and we are dedicated to the proposition that everyone can be an expert at their job.
WILLIAM SWEDISH, MA/ABS has held various management and consulting positions in a career that spans over 30 years. He completed his Masters Degree in Applied Behavioral Science at the Leadership Institute of Seattle at Bastyr University and is now focusing his work on organizational development, coaching and training. He has held senior management positions in the field of Information Technology for over 10 years, including as Chief Information Officer for the Port of Seattle and also at Union Bay Sportswear and Sea-Land Service, Inc. In addition to being a trainer and facilitator, he has worked as an organizational development consultant with such diverse clients as Zumiez, Sound Transit, Integrated Health Partners, Washington Business Week, and Prium Development. He currently delivers a variety of training courses at Microsoft, Zulily and New York Life Insurance Company at locations throughout North America.
Swedish has presented at a number of international conferences for industries such as aviation, container shipping, technology, and apparel on topics related to Information Technology. He has also presented on numerous occasions for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants at their annual CFO Conference on topics ranging from Coaching to Influencing and Negotiating Skills to Soft Skill Development and Appreciative Inquiry. In addition to his graduate degree, he also holds a Certificate in Executive Leadership from Seattle University. He obtained a bachelors degree in Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, with majors in finance and marketing. Born and raised in Milwaukee Wisconsin, he and his wife Carla currently reside just outside of Seattle, Washington.