This course uses Sketch 5 (version 51.2), course version 2018.1 - released August 23rd 2018, and featuring the latest features of Sketch 3 such as Libraries & Prototyping.
Clean, intuitive and frequently named on of the best packages available for digital design, Sketch is used by everyone from entrepreneurs and start ups to Apple, Google, Facebook, and Instagram.
A brilliant tool for platform design, Sketch and can be learned in a matter of hours and days, not weeks and months, and this course will take your mobile and web app designs to the next level!
But is it the right course for you? It is if.
- You want to get a job at an amazing company like Facebook, Google, Amazon, or Uber.
- You have amazing startup ideas, but don't know how to bring them to life.
- You are tired of your day job and want to learn a new (and extremely valuable) skill.
- You want to earn money on the side as a freelancer.
- You want to change your career trajectory but do not have the time or money to go to an immersive 3 month bootcamp.
- You are a developer and want to be able to run all aspects of the product development lifecycle including frontend design.
Still not convinced? Course instructor Andrew Eddy is an extremely well regarded UI/UX designer with over 10 years of professional experience. He has helped some of the largest companies in the world design beautiful products, and worked with countless start-ups to help bring their ideas to life. And he did it all with one tool, Sketch.
With over 13 hours of content across 110+ lectures, Andrew will take you from beginner to expert, and teach you everything you need to know in order to use Sketch in professional setting. The first half of the course is a compendium of hundreds of the most important techniques, key shortcuts, tips and tricks welcome to:
- Sketch University! The most comprehensive A-Z approach to understanding Sketch concepts and the tools that power the platform.
The second half of the course is entirely practical and teaches you the skills you need to tackle your own projects and ideas. Together you and Andrew will design, build and complete two brilliant projects. Beginning with a:
- Speed Project! Use your newfound skills to design your very first mobile app screen.
This is followed by a huge, in-depth project to build a commercial mobile and web app called Spendo. Here you’ll get the inside track on everything you need to consider for your own projects - from the initial idea, through research and mock ups, to prototyping, design and, finally, the deployment of assets to developers:
- The Idea: What do you need to consider when launching your own business? Find out here!
- Style Guide: Learn how to create a brand-focused style guide, and why it’s so important you do! Includes typography and colour design.
- Logo Design: Every great business needs a great logo. In this section you’ll learn how to create an amazing business logo.
- Wireframing: Learn what a wireframe is and how to use it to create a first draft for a mobile application.
- Building the mobile app: Learn best practices for your mobile design work, from an industry professional!
- Building the web app: See how web differs from mobile, and the key elements you must include for a successful web app.
Every lecture is fully supported by the Instructor, with image downloads and sketch files available, as well as additional resources, quizzes, and assignments to make sure test and cement your knowledge.
A fantastic course for people with zero design experience, or for experienced designers that want to learn and master Sketch 3. By the end of this course you’ll have a complete, professional-level project for your own portfolio, and every student will have the knowledge they need to create beautiful and usable apps that leave people with a smile on their face.
- Practical, A-Z project of App design
- Tips & Tricks, make most of Sketch Tools
- Vector Tools and Symbols
- Colors, Icons, and Typography
- BONUS! Creating a working, interactive Prototype
- A certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
So, what are you waiting for? Enroll today!!
- We do not require any pre defined skills to take this course. A good attitude is all it takes to master the concepts.
- Sketch is a free-to-try software built specifically for Mac computers and Apple OS. If you do not have a Mac and are using a Windows computer, make sure you are running the OS X virtual environment on your computer
- Master the number one platform in UI/UX design, Sketch.
- Take an idea and bring it to life. Everyone has a great idea, this course will allow you to start building your dream.
- Wireframe websites, mobile apps, and more.
- Design Mobile Apps, Websites, Web Apps & More
- Create a clickable prototype that looks and functions like the real deal.
- Build a style guide to make sure everything you do stays on brand.
- Approach product design from a complete Design System
- Join a startup, land your dream job, or freelance on the side for extra cash
Best-selling Udemy instructor Rob Percival wants to revolutionize the way people learn to code by making it simple, logical, fun and, above all, accessible. But as just one man, Rob couldn’t create all the courses his students - more than half a million of them - wanted.
That’s why Rob created Codestars. Together, the instructors that make up the Codestars team create courses on all the topics that students want to learn in the way that students want to learn them: courses that are well-structured, super interactive, and easy to understand. Codestars wants to make it as easy as possible for learners of all ages and levels to build functional websites and apps.
Hi! I'm Rob. I have a degree in Mathematics from Cambridge University and you might call me a bit of coding geek.
After building websites for friends and family for fun, I soon learned that web development was a very lucrative career choice. I gave up my successful (and sometimes stressful) job as a teacher to work part time and today, couldn't be happier.
I'm passionate about teaching kids to code, so every summer I run Code School in the beautiful city of Cambridge. I also run the popular web hosting and design service, Eco Web Hosting which leaves me free to share my secrets with people like you.
You wouldn't believe the freedom that being a web developer offers. Sign up and find out for yourself why so many people are taking and recommending this course. I genuinely believe it's the best on the market and if you don't agree, I'll happily refund your money.
Sign up to my courses and join me in this amazing adventure today.
I am a graphic designer, entrepreneur, and lead instructor and founder at the Design School. I am passionate about working with startups and have launched several successful businesses. Learn how to design from my "jump right in" teaching style.
"I am a nerd. I love everything technology, and making the virtual world a more beautiful place is my passion." -Andrew
I currently live in Atlanta, where I am the CEO of a security software company. I began designing mobile applications and websites in college. UX/UI design came so naturally that, I knew it was the career for me. I like to say I am a Economics major with a computer science addiction. I won the College of Charleston Entrepreneur of the Year award when I was a senior in college.
I have worked as a graphic designer for an array of different size companies from startups, all the way to fortune five hundred companies such as Coca-Cola.
I have experience designing logos, branding, UI design, UX research, rapid prototyping, and web development.
I have been a freelance web developer since 2009 and have contributed countless beautiful websites to the internet.
I have served as the creative director for an emerging financial technology startup.
I have served as a UI designer for a non profit, SPLASSH, a company that crowdsources projects about the way we consume information about water.
My motto is to teach by doing. In my courses, you will jump right into the subject and learn to design by actually designing. Recreating app designs and learning as you go is the best way to learn in my opinion.
My goal is to give my students the ability to change their career with the skills they learn in my classes.
Best-selling Udemy instructor Andrew Eddy created the Design Academy to help reach more people with the help of experts in their respected fields. With the goal of teaching 1,000,000 new students by 2020, it was obvious he was going to need some help.
That is why the Design Academy was born. With a team of professionals in an array of different fields from Design to Coding, Design Academy is poised to curate content that is fun, easy to follow, and affordable. It only takes one new skill to change the entire trajectory of your career. Join us today and bring your imagination to life.