Welcome to the Complete Nmap Course!
Nmap is the Internets most popular network scanner with advanced features that most people don't know even exists!
Discover the secrets of ethical hacking and network discovery, using Nmap on this complete course.
Nmap is an indispensable tool that all techies should know well. It is used by all good ethical hackers, penetration testers, systems administrators, and anyone in fact who wants to discovery more about the security of a network and its hosts.
You cannot be a good ethical hacker or systems administrator without being an expert in Nmap.
You will go from beginner to expert in easy to follow structured steps - and we cover all major platforms that Nmap can be used on, including - Windows, Mac, Linux and Kali.
The ideal student for this course is technically minded with an interest in ethical hacking and network security.
At the end of this course you'll have a practical skill-set in using Nmap to scan networks. You will be able to find vulnerabilities and weaknesses on systems that can be exploited by hackers.
- A basic understanding of using operating systems, networks, TCP/IP and the Internet.
- A willingness to learn.
- Nmap can be used on Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD and many other platforms.
- You will become an expert in using Nmap for ethical hacking, system administration and network security.
- Learn how to successfully discover active and vulnerable hosts on a network.
- Discover the secrets of ethical hacking and network discovery, using Nmap on this complete course.
- You will explore the Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE) used for more advanced discovery and hacking. We look at many scripts including those used for brute forcing passwords in email and databases, cross-site scripting (XSS) and SQL injection (SQLi) discovery and other cool Nmap scripts.
- Learn Firewall and Intrusion detection evasion, Nmap output (convert, merge and compare) results, Zenmap (Nmap GUI) and how criminal black hat hackers use Nmap.
- Scan to determine firewall rules while avoiding intrusion detection systems (IDS).
- You will understand how Nmap is used in combination with criminal hacking infrastructures (command and control) servers.
- Importantly we cover the both the command line version of Nmap and the GUI version of Nmap called Zenmap.
- Plus I include some great extra bonuses, like useful bash scripts to use with Nmap and an amazing cheat sheet to easily remember complex commands.
- You will explore Nmap Installation, Hacking Labs, Network and port scanner basics, Target selection, Port states, Host discovery, Scan techniques and Port selection.
- You will master Service detection, Version detection, Operating system detection, and optimizing Timing and performance.
Winner of the AI "Cyber Security Educator of the Year 2020" award.
Nathan has over 24 years experience in cyber security where I have advised some of largest companies in the world, assuring security on multi-million and multi-billion pound projects. He is the CEO of Station X a cyber security consultancy. More recently he acted as the lead security consultant on a number of the UKs mobile banking and payment solutions helping secure to date over £71Bn in transactions.
My clients have included; BP, ExxonMobil, Shell, Vodafone, VISA, T-mobile, GSK, COOP Banking Group, Royal Bank of Scotland, Natwest, Yorkshire bank, BG Group, BT, London 2012.
Over the years he have spoken at a number of security conferences, developed free security tools, and discovered serious security vulnerabilities in leading applications.
Qualifications and education
BSc. (Hons) Computing 'Networks & Communication' 1st Class Honors
SCF : SABSA Chartered Architect Foundation
CISSP : Certified Information Systems Security Professional
CISA : Certified Information Systems Auditor
CISM : Certified Information Security Manager
ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor
CEH : Certified Ethical Hacker
OSCP : Offensive Security Certified Professional