Welcome to the COMPLETE HISTORY OF MUSIC, COMPLETE! Parts 1, 2, and 3!
This class is for anyone who has wondered about the origins of music, how it came to be, and where it came from.
If you've ever looked at a medieval instrument, and wondered how it was played, this course is for you. If you've ever watched an episode of Game of Thrones and wondered about the music, this class is for you. If you've ever wanted to learn how they come up with music for video games like Skyrim, Zelda (any of them), or anything else set in a medieval-esque world, this class is for you.
- Music of Antiquity
- "Early" Music
- Music of Mesopotamia
- Early music instruments: Harps and Lyres
- The origins of music notation
- Music in Ancient Greek culture
- Music in Greek philosophy
- Music in the early Christian church
- Gregorian Chant
- Sacred and Secular music
- The Guidoian Hand
- Poetry in Music of the Midevail perioud
- Hildegard Von Bingen
- Goliard Songs
- MotetsPolitics of the world during the renaissance
- Europe during the renaissance
- Musical training
- The music of Jusquin Desprez
- The age of the castrato
- New compositional techniques in the renaissance
- New tuning systems in the renaissance
- The dawn of printed music
- The music of John Dunstable
- The polyphonic mass
- The music of DuFay
- The music of Busnoy
- The Mass in the renaissance
- The music of Ockeghem
- The reformation's effects on music
- Music in the Lutheran church
- Music in the Calvinist church
- Music in the Church of England
- Catholic music after the reformation
- Jewish music
- The amateur musician
- The development of song in Spain, Italy, France, Germany, and England
- The Italian madrigal
- Instruments of the renaissance
- Dance Music
- Politics of the world during the Baroque
- The Affections
- Harmony, Notation, and Ornamentation
- Early Opera
- The Diva
- Music in the Catholic Church
- Music in the Lutheran Church
- Jewish Music
- Instrumental Types of Music
- The Toccata
- The Sonata
- The Dance Suite
- French Opera
- English Opera
- Baroque Music in Spain
- The Zarzuela
- Da Capo Aria
- The Concerto
- Organ Music
- And much, much more!
Dr. Allen is a university music professor, and is a top-rated Udemy instructor. In 2017 Star Tribune Business featured him as a "Mover and a Shaker," and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
While a lot of history courses focus on memorization, this is a course for those interested in immersing themselves in the music and culture. You won't find lists of dates to memorize here - this class is designed to be fun and enjoyable.
This is a multiple-course series, in contains all of the content as the individual courses.
Please click the "Take This Course" button so you can start learning about the history of music TODAY!
I guarantee that this course is the most thorough music history course available ANYWHERE on the market - or your money back (30 day money back guarantee)
Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.
Praise for Courses by Jason Allen:
⇢ "It seems like every little detail is being covered in an extremely simple fashion. The learning process becomes relaxed and allows the complex concepts to get obsorbed easily. My only regret is not taking this course earlier." - M. Shah
⇢ "Great for everyone without any knowledge so far. I bought all three parts It's the best investment in leveling up my skills so far.." - Z. Palce
⇢ "Excellent explanations! No more or less than what is needed." - A. Tóth
⇢ "VERY COOL. I've waiting for years to see a good video course, now I don't have to wait anymore. Thank You!" - Jeffrey Koury
⇢ "I am learning LOTS! And I really like having the worksheets!" - A. Deichsel
⇢ "The basics explained very clearly - loads of really useful tips!" - J. Pook
⇢ "Jason is really quick and great with questions, always a great resource for an online class!" M. Smith
Students who register for this course will receive ongoing exclusive content and discounts to all future classes in the series.
- Students should be enthusiastic about music, but do not need to be producers or musicians. No prior experience is needed, and students do not need to be able to read music or have any special software.
- In this course, students will learn about the earliest forms of music made by humans (that we know about), and how it became what we know as music now.
- Students will learn how Gregorian Chant works, how it is notated, and how it was used in the medieval area in worship.
- Students will learn how traveling bards and troubadours went town-to-town using music to convey the news of the day.
J. is the #1 best selling music teacher on Udemy. He is the author of the #1 best selling music theory course on Udemy, "Music Theory Comprehensive" (12 parts), and Music Theory for Electronic Musicians (3 parts), which have been purchased by more than 70,000 students in 11 languages in 196 countries.
He is a PhD in music, and a best selling music producer. He brings this authenticity to all of his Udemy courses.
Jason Allen (better known as J. Anthony Allen) has worn the hats of composer, producer, songwriter, engineer, sound designer, DJ, remix artist, multi-media artist, performer, inventor, and entrepreneur. Allen is a versatile creator whose diverse project experience ranges from works written for the Minnesota Orchestra to pieces developed for film, TV, and radio. An innovator in the field of electronic performance, Allen performs on a set of “glove” controllers, which he has designed, built, and programmed by himself. When he’s not working as a solo artist, Allen is a serial collaborator. His primary collaborative vehicle is the group Ballet Mech, for which Allen is one of three producers.
J. Anthony Allen teaches at Augsburg University in Minneapolis, MN, where he runs the Music, Media, and Management program. He is also an Ableton Live Certified Trainer, co-founder, owner and CEO of Slam Academy, a multimedia educational space in downtown Minneapolis, the CTO of Ion Concert Media, and sole owner and producer of music education courses under the umbrella of Punkademic Courses. Recently, Allen founded Hackademica – an innovative net-label for new music.
J. has a PhD in music composition, 2 Master’s degrees in music composition and electronic music, and a bachelors degree in guitar performance. Through his academic travels, Dr. Allen has received numerous awards along the way.
If you run into him on the street, he prefers to be addressed as J. (as in, Jay.)