This course will expose you to prominent learning theories in the field of education today. Since there is no one "correct" learning theory, you will learn the basics of what these theories say, where problems lie in application, and how to use them in your classroom management, lesson planning, and lesson delivery.
This course has been carefully crafted so that participants with no formal education background can easily partake in the course. Likewise, the course has been designed for new educators with no experience, educators with years of experience, and everyone in between. Anyone can take this course!
The dreaded theory course has been made fun and useful for all participants. With the use of engaging whiteboard videos, useful worksheets, and presentation videos, the course is designed to challenge your mind while being captivating at the same time. The course is guided by an instructional design framework created by the author, which is based off several prominent learning theories. So this course is just not a mishmash of activities to fill time, but a carefully sculpted program to guide the participant through a learning experience.
Most educators learn how to teach by methodologies, but now, I am here to show you how to start teaching by learning theory to truly see results in your classroom.
- Eagerness to reflect upon your teaching.
- Not a requirement, but a printer will be helpful to print out worksheets.
- By the end of the course, you will undestand the key points of the major learning theories in second language acquisition.
- By the end of each unit, you will be able to devise strategies for your classroom using the learning theory you just learned.
- During each unit, you will work through scenarios to assist in visualizing how the theory can play a role in your classroom.
- At the beginning of each unit, you will perform a "real world" activity which will help you grasp the underlying principles of each theory..
TesolClass is a website dedicated to ESL/EFL teacher training. We examine different subjects such as learning theory, lesson planning, classroom management, and others areas of English instruction. We also create online English courses for students learning English.
The owner and administrator of TesolClass is Robert Davis. He received his PhD from the University of Florida in Educational Technology. His research interests involve using technology in foreign language learning environments, and has spent over a decade teaching English overseas in various programs. Some of his experiences in foreign English programs as been, teaching general English conversation, instructing pre-service educators in TESOL, training in-service educators in SLA, consulting schools, building courses, writing learning materials, and working with city governments.