This course is for people who want to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL) abroad.
On completion of this course, you'll understand the background and theories of English language teaching and know how to teach English as a foreign language.
In short, easy-to-follow video lectures, TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language teaches you everything you need to start teaching English to foreign language speakers.
This course can be taken alone but can also be taken in preparation for the CELTA or a face-to-face TEFL course.
If you need to refresh your grammatical knowledge, consider combining this course with TEFL Essentials: English Grammar For English Language Teachers.
- A native-level of English
- An understanding of English grammar
- Learn past and current TEFL teaching methodologies
- Be able to plan engaging English language lessons
- Know how to teach different types of students and lessons
- Be able to effectively organise and manage an English class
- Be equipped with the knowledge needed to better understand English language learners
- Learn how and when to correct errors in speech and writing
- Know how to assess students
Fiona Sloane is a professional English language teacher.
Since starting her English teaching career in 2008, Fiona has lived and taught English in Europe, Central America, and Asia. She has been involved in teacher training since 2011, and has been teaching online since 2012.
Before becoming an English teacher, Fiona trained in graphic design. She started creating online courses in 2015 and enjoys being able to combine her design and teaching skills in the video-based courses she makes.