Are you looking to maximize your performance or just last through your workout?
Do you want to learn about nutrient timing?
Ever wonder how to eat and fuel properly before, during and after exercise?
Do you want to know how increase your energy levels?
In this course, we will address those issues and more to help you understand how to properly fuel your way through training all the way up to and post exercise.
This course will teach you how to increase your nutritional knowledge, boost your energy levels and maximize performance, while becoming more educated about your health and well being.
Created for fitness professionals, athletes and non-athletes, this course will focus on macronutrients, micronutrients, hydration, supplementation, energy systems, nutrient timing, creating a nutrition plan and fueling for competition.
You will learn how to master your nutrition and apply it your daily life.
This course will cover everything you need to know including:
- Explanation of macronutrients
- Hydration strategies
- Benefits of supplementation
- Explanation of the muscle energy systems
- Nutrient timing
- Creating a nutrition plan
- Fueling for competition
- and much, much more!
Improve your stamina and performance like you have always wanted!
By the end of this course, you will have mastered nutritional knowledge and be well on your way to improving your performance. You will know how to eat right, understand how the body uses that energy you eat, and put it to good use. You will become more aware and knowledgeable by enrolling today!
- No prerequisite knowledge or experience is necessary.
- Describe macronutrients, their functions and recommendations.
- Identify and apply appropriate hydration strategies.
- Understand nutritional recommendations for optimizing health.
- Identify classes of nutrients and describe major energy functions.
- Understand basic supplemental dietary types and recommendations.
- Describe the energy systems of the body.
- Explain basal energy expenditure and calculate total daily energy needs.
- Describe methods for measuring body composition.
- Explain the Glycemic Index and identify high and low glycemic foods.
- Apply pre, during and after event nutritional strategies.
- Apply the best practices of nutrient timing.
Hi my name is Jen and I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer with a Golf Fitness Specialist certification. I am passionate about inspiring and educating others about health and fitness. I share my knowledge about healthy living through online training courses and programs.
B.S. from East Stroudsburg University in Sports Medicine and Athletic Training. I have experience working with athletes of all ages caring for and preventing injuries.
B.S. from Frostburg State University in Health and Physical Education Teaching and have teaching and coaching experience at levels K-12.
M.S. degree from Towson University in Applied Informational Technology and currently supervise IT teams.
I was a NCAA Division II collegiate soccer player, triathlete and runner for many years. Now, I spend my free time playing golf, lifting weights and spending time with family and friends.