Learn how to write a hit song in popular music styles - rock, pop, blues, metal, reggae and more! Learn how to take a basic music idea and develop it into a full song.
"This course has good content with good visuals. You get to see the lesson and hear it individually and then combined together for the full sound. The demonstrations Robert has included ties it all together." - Greg R
- Step-by-step, you will be shown how to develop a musical idea into a hit song. A perfect course not only for musicians, but also people interested in music production, recording engineering or any other studio work. Great for digital musicians. Also great for advertising, film soundtracks or even video game music!
- Over 20 original songs created just for this course.
- Watch animated diagrams and performer videos that show each song being developed into a final product.The instructor describes each step. Progressive audio tracks show how each new track contributes to the entire song. You will also learn how to build chord progressions in any key - and even when to break the rules!
- To benefit most from this course you will need reasonable skill on at least one instrument. Some theory and musical concepts are discussed through-out this course. Beginner musicians will find some concepts hard to grasp - but will still learn valuable information that will set them way above other beginner musicians.
- Full PDF scores and other extras are available for download so you can really explore what's going on in this course and build your own music reference library!
"Teacher is clear, concise and interactive and lessons are easy to learn and easy to follow. Great job." - Suppoman ®
- You should have access to, and be able to reasonably play (or compose on), at least one instrument. A knowledge of all Major and minor chords would be advantageous. And also know how to play the Major scale. Music software is an instrument :)
- Everything you need to know will appear on screen. So, if there's a chord you don't know, don't worry. Learn as you go.
- Write a hit song for a band, advertising, film or even video games!
- Gain thorough knowledge of how multiple instruments work together to create a great song.
- Learn key elements for genres such as rock, pop, R&B, funk, reggae and more.
- Learn how to build a major scale and a major chord progression plus tips on how to use them.
- Learn standard chord progressions plus tips on how to develop them for your own songwriting.
- Bonus material including downloadable transcriptions, chord charts and external links.
I have two diverse and specialized skills. I am a very skilled musician
I have played in live since 1993 - everything from 5 piece rock bands to acoustic duos and sol. I'm a multi-instrumentalist excelling on guitar and bass. I sing, play keyboard and some drums. In 2010 I graduated from Griffith University with a Bachelor of Creative Arts - Digital Video and Audio Engineering. I have studio, session and teaching experience.
In 2015 I established a small-scale local music festival called K-Blues. It again ran successfully in 2016 on a slightly larger scale. 2017 will mark the third time.
I've been involved in live theater and musicals, including sell-out performances of 'Grease'.
I have been involved in community radio where I became part of the programming committee and soon became 'Program Content Manager'. I had to organize and maintain a database of over 15,000 songs. I also wrote and recorded advertising soundtracks for large corporate organisations. I DJ'd two shows per week - 'Rock's Breakfast Jam' and 'The Nineties - Before and Beyond' a live show centered on grunge music. It centered around how the 90's grunge sound had been influenced from early rock, and how it in turn influenced newer music. For a time I became Vice President of the station.
As some-one who really knows music from a variety of angles, and is an excellent musician, I can provide music courses that are really superior.
Also, I speak good Japanese and use it professionally.
I also speak Japanese and work casually for a company who helps Japanese students improve their English. Japanese students arrive in Australia in groups. I host them for a few days, fully providing for all their needs whilst teaching them about Australian culture and teaching them how to use their English in a 'real world' context. The activities engaged in range from video games to sports to bushwalking to cooking to card games - improving their English in a fun and interesting environment. It's rewarding for all involved. And I get to improve on my language skills also.