This is a streamlined course to take you from knowing nothing about SOLIDWORKS to give you all the knowledge and skills needed to become a certified SOLIDWORKS associate. This course should enable you to, with confidence, use SOLIDWORKS to design your next innovation. After this course, you can proudly list your SOLIDWORKS skills in your resume.
THIS COURSE IS NOT A SHORTCUT TO GET THE CERTIFICATE. We are following a learn-by-doing approach for you to truly master all the skills needed for the certification test.
*You can perfectly follow this course if you have SOLIDWORKS versions 2013, 2014, and 2015.. However, this course is delivered using SOLIDWORKS 2015. Using SOLIDWORKS 2016 or 2017? Check out our other courses because we have one specially made for you! We also have a Spanish course if you are more conformable with that.
About this course:
With this course, you will get:
- Full, free lifetime access to 77 lectures (increasing over time).
- All future extra lectures and upgrades will always be free.
- Unconditional Udemy 30 days money back guarantee - We are sure you would love the course though :)
- Regular free bonuses additions to increase your knowledge. - lots of fun topics!
Today, you can start your journey to becoming a SOLIDWORKS professional with ZERO prior experience!
I stress that you need no prior experience and there is nothing to buy or pay for!!! You will only need SOLIDWORKS itself.
Why our course?!
- We are following the learning by doing approach which is proven the best for learning software like SOLIDWORKS.
- We have enlarged the interface icons in our screencasts to make our videos more eye-friendly. We even enlarged the mouse cursor!!
- We use annotations in all our lectures for easier follow-up.
- We made our videos short and concentrated in one or few aspects to make them easier for reference. We also designed each lecture to be a stand-alone lecture.
You will learn:
- How to navigate through SOLIDWORKS interface.
- How to sketch with different sketch commands.
- How to define sketches using relations or distances.
- How to use more than 10 different features to create 3D models. (extruded boss and cut, fillet, chamfers, revolved boss and cut, swept boss and cut, lofted boss and cut)
- How to create additional reference planes.
- How to modify given parts to match design needs.
- How to explore different materials for your models.
- How to find your model's mass, volume, and center of gravity.
- How to assemble different parts into an assembly file.
- How to generate drawings from parts and models.
- How to interpret different drawing annotations.
Click the 'take this course' button, top right, now Every hour you delay is costing you great creations and skills :)
- What is the course about.
- Who is the course instructor.
- What does the course cover.
- What method is used in teaching the course.
- What you should be able to do by the end of the course.
- How to watch this course
- Watch on HD
- Post in discussion board
- Other Udemy related topics
This lecture discusses:
- What is SOLIDWORKS.
- What are some benefits for learning SOLIDWOKRS.
- Number of existing SOLIDWORKS users.
- Some benefits for SOLIDWORKS certifications as users.
- The SOLIDWORKS versions we are using for this course.
- Why are we using SW 2015 for instructions and SW 2013 for supplementary materials.
- What is covered in the section: Basic SOLIDWOKRS Interface and Navigation
- Different types of files you can start with SOLIDWOKRS.
- How to start a new part.
- The major parts of SOLIDWORKS interface.
- What is the command bar, canvas and design tree.
This lecture will teach you:
- The meaning of Document Measurement Units.
- What are the document measurement units and how you can change them.
- The type of mouse that would work best with SOLIDWORKS.
- Tips on how to use the mouse for easier modelling and navigation.
- You will need SOLIDWORKS 2013 or newer to open the models we provide through out the course.
- No prior knowledge. Just the desire to learn and create awesome stuff
- Confidently list your SOLIDWORKS skills in your resume
- Use SOLIDWORKS to design/draft your next innovation
- Take with confidence SOLIDWORKS Associate Certification test
- Self-learn advanced functions in SOLIDWORKS
- Use SOLIDWORKS to make basic models
Tayseer is the Co-Chair of ideabee design. He holds a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from NC State University and MDes Degree in International Design and Business Management from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Tayseer has worked extensively in instructional design and first-hand training of corporate Mechanical Programs.
Throughout his career, Tayseer leveraged the power of SOLIDWORKS to both design products and mechanical-related training materials. He also holds many SOLIDWORKS professional certificates.
In his SOLIDWORKS course, Tayseer used his expertise in SOLIDWORKS, Instructional, and Product Design, to produce the best course possible for you to learn SOLIDWORKS. In Dec 2019, Tayseer also published a book on training SOLIDWORKS under the title: Learn SOLIDWORKS 2020: A hands-on guide to becoming an accomplished SOLIDWORKS Associate and Professional.
In addition, Tayseer is getting deeper on Environmental Sustainability and it's intersection with product design. Thus, he started the SustainabilityEdu Initiative.
TforDesign is a design organization dedicated to designing engaging learning experiences