Social media intelligence allows one to collect intelligence gathering from social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. This type of intelligence gathering is one element of OSINT (Open- Source Intelligence). Open-source intelligence (OSINT) is data collected from publicly available sources to be used in an intelligence context using open-source software / tools or public intelligence tools.
OSINT is primarily used in national security, law enforcement, and business intelligence functions and is of value to analysts who use non-sensitive intelligence in answering classified, unclassified, or proprietary intelligence requirements across the various intelligence disciplines.
This is practical course with up-to-date social network / media intelligence and investigations training that will provide you with the solid foundation on real-world knowledge and expertise you need to effectively conduct online investigations using free and open source tools.
This course is intended for anyone who wishes to be able to utilize advanced open source software and tools for finding intelligence on various social media platforms on the Internet. It will be of particular interest to those in the private and public sector investigations, private investigators, banks, compliance industry, financial institutions, corporate lawyers, insurance companies, investigative journalists, academia and those involved in intelligence collection fields.
- Conduct basic and advanced social media investigations and intelligence gathering
- Understand Open Source Intelligence tools and How to utilize it
- Conduct Online Social Media Investigations and Intelligence Gathering
- How to Conduct Investigation on various Social Networks
- Social Networking Searching and Monitoring
- Advance Search Techniques for Social Media
- Understand and Investigate Criminal Groups on Social Media
- Understand the fundamentals of Social Network Intelligence
- Practice Open Source Tools taught via Case Studies
- Read Legal aspect of Open Source Intelligence
Learner hereby undertake to use, practice and explore the tools, techniques, methods, illustrations, cases etc used/demonstrated in this course at their own risk. They declare and confirm that the tutor/trainer of this course is free from any obligation, risk, liabilities, penalties, legal actions and damages suffered or incurred directly or indirectly. You are solely responsible for your action and use of information provided in this course.
Note: Some links may change over time (though adequate care is taken to update it regularly, but at times few open source tools might not work). Please notify the instructor in case you come across a link that is not working. Thank you!
Let's get started :)
- Access or account with various Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Reddit and Instagram
- Access to Laptop or Desktop Computer
- Internet or Broadband/ WiFi Connection
- Ability to think out of the box and have creative mindset