Why Security Awareness?
Data breaches are on the rise and it's getting more and more dangerous to function online. This is where a good security awareness program is important. Most importantly, we (the nerds) need YOU to help keep things secure.
That's right. Security is more than an IT or Security department function and we haven't been as good at communicating that to you in the past.
You may hear professionals claim how everyone is getting compromised over simple attacks that have been around for decades. It starts off as something that's easy to prevent then launches into an intelligence war. "It's easy to protect yourself," some may claim. "All you need to do is be careful what you download, who you talk to, and what you allow to happen." They give off the vibe that people don't care.
If you boil everything down to its most basic essence, then maybe that could be true. If it's so easy then why do we continue to get hammered with news of more breaches?
Unfortunately, even the best security awareness programs out there are missing one key part.
Making Security Awareness Better
This security awareness training course will not only give you the "what" to look out for, but also the "why" and how the "what" works. After taking this course you'll be armed with knowledge on how to better protect yourself and your organization from threats.
Surprisingly, the biggest change will probably not be to start doing, but rather to stop doing. You'll be surprised to how some of your behavior is super risky, even without you realize you were doing it.
And the best part is, I won't twist your arm or shame you into changing. I sincerely want you to succeed so there's no victim shaming here. I believe there's a better way to change your behavior than vehemently shove security terms and nerd speak down your throat.
This Security Awareness Course IS:
This Security Awareness Course is NOT:
Since this course is NOT technical, beginners ranging form your co-worker that barely knows how to turn a computer on to your Grandma that uses Facebook too much can take and understand this course. We're simply looking at threats, attack vectors, and behaviors to help reduce the sting of attacks.
Real Reviews From Amazing Students
The instructor was knowledgeable and presented security awareness a bit different than I've seen before - Rob
I learned quite a lot of stuff I didn't know. - Julie
Small course. Easy to understand for everybody. - Rey
The course is well organized and provides helpful tips on how to be aware and prevent security issues. - Carlson
More fun than I expected! - Scot
Join Me Today!
Thank you for your interest in this security awareness training course. It means a lot to me and all the other security professionals out there that you care about your online safety.
If you're here because your company requires security awareness training and you're thinking about choosing this course - awesome. Let me know if you have any questions. If you don't have a security program in place, this course will help get you started.
To move forward, please click on the Buy Now button on the right side of the page to enroll in this course. I can't wait to see you on the inside and I look forward to serving you. Thanks!
All the best,
I believe in continuous improvement in all my courses and products! Here's the list of updates to this Beginner Security Awareness Training course since release:
This quiz deals with the introductory topics of what and why security awareness is important.
There will be a quiz at the end of all 10 sections to help keep you sharp. You'll do great!
The User and Device Accountability Quiz covers setup information regarding mindset.
- Pick your favorite web browser and be willing to learn security awareness topics!
- Understand that this is a security awareness training course which means it involves the "what," the "why," and basic behavior tips.
- Discover the WHY behind security awareness. This will help make things stick!
- How to build up your resilience to attacks and why this is more important than you currently think.
- Learn about social engineering, what makes it work, and how to spot the red flags before you get duped.
- Learn the fast and easy process to spot a fake email.
- Hear password best practices you can actually follow.
- How to create security questions that aren't easily guessed.
- Learn about ransomware, why it's popular, and what you can do to prevent it.
- How to browse the Internet safely and learn about typosquatting, malicious websites, and more.
- Discover safe mobile device usage and how to stay safe even while traveling.
- Determine which data is regulated and how to avoid accidental disclosure (basically data leaking).
- Why securing your desk or computer is important.
- Be able to communicate securely and effectively. And how to talk to your IT friends or co-workers.
After 14 years in IT with the last 5 specifically in Security, I've become obsessed with helping people solve problems and spreading the cyber word. Working in IT is fun for hands on folks. But for those that stay, you'll find that they love to help others. This goes naturally with teaching, so it's no surprise that some of the most grizzled IT veterans are good instructors.
All good instructors want to see their students apply the knowledge that was taught. I want to take it a step further. My goal is to not only bring applicable knowledge into my courses, but to also shift your perspective, even by a little bit. If you’re interested in the topics I teach, I’d love to see you on the inside.
Enroll in one of my classes today. I can’t wait to serve you!
Master of Business Administration, track of study in Information Systems
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology