In Scala and Akka for Finance, you'll learn how to use Akka to create concurrent financial systems.
You'll learn about lots of topics, including :
- Functional programming
- Higher-order functions
- Supervisor pattern
- Universally Unique Identifiers
And lots more!
This course, unlike many other courses, is a hands-on course, and is best suited for students who prefer to learn actively. In this course, you'll find :
- Five sections
- Five quizzes for self-testing
- Two hands-on coding exercises, with COMPLETE video solutions
- Hours of code-along videos at JUST the right pace
- PowerPoint lectures that discuss the WHY before we start coding. No more mindless copy and pasting!
Some other coding courses dive through hundreds and hundreds of lines of code with hardly any explanation. On the other hand, this course emphasizes understanding the code, rather than just mindlessly churning out lines of confusing code. If you are a student that enjoys actively learning and understanding the WHY behind the code, and not just the HOW, then this course is the perfect fit for you!
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming, and experience with at least one object-oriented language such as Python, Java, C#, or C++.