End of Disclaimer
SAP S/4HANA is SAP's ERP suite redesigned on the SAP HANA platform. Most SAP consultants that I speak to typically have heard of HANA or S/4HANA. But there is so much of marketing jargon behind this, it is sometimes confusing to put your finger firmly on what HANA or S/4HANA is really -
- Is it an ERP ?
- Is it a database ?
- Is it a IoT ?
- Is it a Data warehouse ?
Also, more importantly
- why did SAP come up with a columnar, in-memory database called HANA ?
- and why is SAP trying to re-invent the SAP ERP suite on SAP HANA database as SAP S4HANA ?
- and why more and more apps ( read transactions ) are being re-written in Fiori rather than ABAP ?
These are precisely the questions you will know the answer to in the first quarter of the course.
SAP S/4HANA is the same SAP ERP that you are already aware of as a Functional consultant in your respective areas. So,
- Are there new business processes introduced in S/4HANA ?
- Should I unlearn anything from my current ERP background ?
- How should I go about learning S/4HANA ?
- What are the major delta changes available in the latest SAP S/4HANA version ?
- Where to look for delta changes ?
- What are the changes in SAP SD ?
- What are the changes in SAP MM ?
These are some of the questions you will be knowing the answers to in the next half of the course.
And finally, how do you implement S/4HANA ?
- What happens to existing ERP implementation ?
- What are the deployment options ?
- How long will SAP ERP continue to be supported ?
- Are all new SAP implementations going to be on S/4HANA ?
These are the questions you will be knowing the answers to in the last quarter of the course.
Irrespective of your background in SAP - Functional or Technical - Eventually, SAP would be moving on to the new simplified data model used in S/4HANA. Be the first to get on to the bandwagon and learn all you need to learn about S/4HANA. Are you ready ?
See you in the course.
- Some level of experience in SAP - either Functional or Technical
- Understand what is SAP HANA
- Understand the design philosophy of SAP S/4HANA
- Understand the future of SAP S/4HANA
I am an SAP SD/MM functional consultant with roughly 12 years of experience in SAP. Teaching has been my passion since a long time and I have been teaching SAP since 2009. I have worked on countless projects in SAP in the US and the rest of the world. I have worked with major companies in the US like Apple, Wal-mart, Adidas, Adobe, Johnson & Johnson etc.
All along, I have worked with numerous SAP consultants with skills that range from absolute rookie to SAP platinum consultants. And the one thing that I found lacking in many beginner level consultants is a lack of proper training. They were just 1 step away from being a good quality SAP consultant. This gap can be easily be filled with high quality training.
SAP, just like any other packaged software can best be learned by example. This has been the focus of all my trainings - Examples and correlating them to real-time scenarios. Once you learn how to co-relate a particular piece of configuration with a real time example, you can become as good as an experienced consultant.