SAP BusinessObjects BI (also called BO or BoBJ) is a reporting, dashboarding and analytics platform for businesses. SAP BO suite consists of a number of reporting applications that allow users to discover data, perform analysis to derive insights and create user-friendly visualizations.
SAP BO is intended to make reporting & analysis easy for business users so they can create their own reports and perform intuitive & predictive analytics.
SAP BusinessObjects BI tools use drag-and-drop features allowing users to search and analyze data from a wide variety of sources. SAP BO is a front-end BI platform, so the data is not stored at the application level, but is integrated from varied back-end source databases.
Core applications under SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite are:
- SAP BO Universe - The heart of SAP BO is the SAP BusinessObjects Universe, a data model consisting of layers of metadata that integrate the back-end data sources with the application layer through meaningful relationships.
- Web Intelligence (Webi) - Webi is a web browser based tool that allows users to create reports, perform analysis, produce formatted reports & dashboards, and distribute/share the reports on SAP BO enterprise platform or export them to PDF or MS Excel.
- Crystal Reports - Crystal report is a data analytics and reporting tool aimed at individual users or small and medium-sized businesses that need systematic, highly formatted and dynamic reports from a variety of data sources and to be delivered in various formats. These reports can be accessed online or offline, from applications, portals or mobile devices.
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards (formerly called Xcelsius) - It is a data visualization tool that allows users to create custom dashboards and executive scorecards. These include dashboards, interactive charts, gauges and widgets.
- Query as a Web Service (QaaWS) - QaaWS is a tool that allows users to create and publish web services that can be consumed in Crystal Reports and SAP BO Dashboards, as well as other external software applications.
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer - SAP BO Explorer is self-service data exploration tool that enables users to search through large volumes of data from various sources and then create data visualizations that can be shared across the organization.
- SAP Lumira - It is a self-service data discovery and visualization tool that allows users to find and analyze relevant business data and create custom interactive dashboards and analytics applications.
SAP BO course curriculum
- Overview of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) 4.2
- Describing SAP Analytics Solutions
- Identifying the Components of SAP BusinessObjects 4.2
- Data Sources for BusinessObjects BI 4.2 Reporting Tools
- Describing Enterprise Data Sources for BI reporting tools
- Describing Local Data Sources for BI reporting tools
- SAP Business Objects Design Studio
- Creating an Analytical Application in SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, Edition for Microsoft Office
- Creating a Workbook in SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, Edition for Microsoft Office
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, Edition for Microsoft PowerPoint
- Creating a Presentation using Business Objects Analysis for Microsoft Power Point
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- Creating Web Intelligence Documents in SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- SAP Lumira
- Visualizing Data in SAP Lumira
- SAP Predictive Analytics 2.0
- Describing SAP Predictive Analytics
- Forecasting with SAP Predictive Analysis - Automated Analytics
- Using SAP Predictive Analysis - Expert Analytics
- BI Platform Features - Reporting with Mobile Devices
- Describing the Methods of Making Reports Available on Mobile Devices
- BI Platform Features - Scheduling and Report Distribution
- Scheduling and Emailing a SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Report
- Enthusiasm and determination to make your mark on the world!