Rhythm #3: Play 16th Note - Ballad 9 and Melody Fill - D Key
Master Fun 16th Note Piano Playing in D Key Songs!
It’s exciting for me to see my students having so much fun in learning piano! I am creating this new series of course for my students because this is something that they need at the present moment to take their piano playing to a higher level.
1. Amateur Piano Players: Play in 8th notes
2. Professional Piano Players: Play in 16th notes
Learn how to play the entire song - "There is a Fountain" in 16th notes in D Key!
- LH plays Dancing Ballad 9th in D Key
- RH plays melody fillers in long notes - 9th tone +D suspended chords
- End Song with a 9th Chord in D Key
There are a lot of Play Along in this course!
My students have difficulty coordinating both hands together at times, so in this course I have done many play along for:
- Left Hand only for each line for each song & then play through the complete song.
- Both Hands in Slow Motion for each line for each song & then play through the complete song.
- Both Hands in Normal Tempo for each line for each song & then play through the complete song.
The design is in such a way that students can slowly gain confidence by working on the Left Hand first, and then play through each line in slow motion, and finally play through each line in normal tempo.
The whole program is designed in such a way that students have a method to practice the techniques & to move them to play by ear.
- Each line is played with Music Score in front of them.
- Each line is played with Chords + counting
- Each line is played with chords only so that by the time students get to this level, they can play by EAR.
Purpose of this course:
1. This course is designed to ‘help’ students apply ONE Specific Piano Technique – the Dancing 9 to a 4/4 song in D Key. Once you know how to do it to this song, you will be able to do it to any 4/4 songs.
2. From my own experience of teaching, I notice that students need to DRILL one technique at a time to their songs so that the technique can become ‘automatic’ in their playing. The series of video clips are prepared in slow motion and normal tempo so that students can practice, practice, and practice until they feel very comfortable in using the technique easily to songs.
3. Therefore, this course is NOT about arranging a specific song. If you want to learn how to ‘arrange’ a song, you can take my other piano courses. This course is to help students to find as many places as possible to apply the beautiful Dancing 9 technique.
4. In order that students can come away with confidence in Mastering the Technique, the steps shown are very thorough and systematic in the video clips.. All that is left is for students to have FUN practising them at the piano!
This course will give you:
1. The Dancing 9 in D Key is an EZ technique that you want to MASTER! This fun technique will help turn a plain song to ‘dance’. It will give momentum to your song. It will make your song ‘dance’ and not boring at all.
2. Learn how to play the Dancing 9 in 16th notes in D Key.
3. My Secret Piano Tip of how to start implementing 16th note ballad playing into your songs! This one is GOLD. I know, because it took me years to come to this SECRET TIP of playing 16th Notes Easily. Once you get this technique into your fingers, you will sound professional. Your songs will all sound fresh & contemporary! You will add newness to all the good ol’ fashioned Gospel Hymns!
4. The video clips show you exactly how to play the Dancing 9 in 16th notes to WOW your audience! Slow motion and play along! For sure, you will be able to follow exactly how to put them into your songs. You will learn how to count to fit arpeggios into the melody of the song.
5. Watch, copy and play, play, play. That’s what this course is about!
6. With that foundation, you can go and experiment the idea and create your own Dancing 9 variations!
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
- Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
- See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
- You get free lifetime access
- All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
- All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
- Join this happy family of students
- Students need to have some basic chord knowledge
- Learn how to play Dancing 9 in D Key
- Cooordinate both hands by playing 16th notes in D Key
- Drill each line with Music Score
- Play Along each line with Chords + Rhythm Notation
- Practice each line with Chords only
- Follow along in Slow Motion + Normal Tempo
- Spice up the song with Right Hand Fills
- Add in beautiful melody fillers
- Put the song in suspension with suspended chords
- Beautify the song with Add 9 Ending Chord
- Enjoy playing the nostalgic 9th color chord
- Dress up the entire song "There is a Fountain" in 16th notes
- Move on to play professionally with 16th notes
- Learn D Key Chords to play any 4/4 song in 16th notes
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.