If you're new to project scheduling, or want to improve your scheduling skills, this course will give you what you need to be successful. We'll begin by examining what project scheduling is and looking at the components that go into a schedule. Then I'll guide you through identifying the work that needs to be done, estimating time and cost, and putting tasks into the right order. I'll describe how to build a project team and assign resources to tasks. I'll also provide tips for working with part-time workers and remote teams. We'll explore ways to fine-tune the schedule to balance people's workloads. Finally, we'll go over methods for managing a schedule to deliver what's important and keep the project on-track from start to finish. Managing a project schedule successfully requires a well-stocked toolbox. I'll introduce you to these tools and show you how to use them in managing project schedules.
You learn all that plus these amazing topic:
- What You Need to Know Before Starting
- Showcase of The Project Schedule
- Using the Exercise Files
- An Overview of Project Scheduling
- Components of A Project Schedule
- Identifying the Work That Needs to Be Done
- Organizing Work with Summary Tasks
- Adding Milestones
- Estimating Time and Cost
- Putting Tasks into The Right Order
- Delaying or Overlapping Tasks with Lag and Lead Time
- Setting Specific Dates
- Balancing Resource Assignment Variables
- Planning Resources at A High Level
- Procuring Resources
- Assigning Resources That Are Available
- Working with Part Time Workers and Teams
- Working with Remote Teams
- Fine Tuning the Schedule for Resources
- Determining the Critical Path
- Putting the Critical Path to Work
- Lengthening Delaying and Splitting Assignments
- Adjusting the Level of Work Over Time
- Replacing Overallocated Resources
- Adding Buffers to The Schedule
- Adding A Baseline to The Schedule
- Proactively Managing a Schedule
- Finding Schedule Problems
- Reducing Scope
What are you waiting for? Sign up today!
- A general understanding of project management would be good but is not required
- A copy of Microsoft project would be good but is not required
- How to schedule projects
- How to work with remote teams
- How to work with product teams
Thanks for looking at my courses. I am excited to bring you some awesome lessons I have learned along the way. I also love to talk about my favorite products that really help me stay ahead of the curve. I am an Architect, Developer, Product/Project Manger, and humble hustler focusing on building next generation application.
I am currently working as a Sr. Technical Cross Platform Program Manager at a Fortune 500 company building technology-driven marketing solutions with global reach and Netflix scale. I lead teams of developers to new heights by giving top of the line guidance on product deliverables, organizational techniques, and in general kicking butt. I hope you find my courses enjoyable and please contact me if you have any questions or would like any additional content covered that is not in one of the courses.
I am a PMP expert and PRINCE2 consultant.