Basic concepts of computer programming are introduced, starting with the notion of an algorithm. Emphasis is on developing the ability to write programs to solve practical computational problems.
- Elements of C/C++ programming languages
- Basic data types
- Sequential and conditional execution
- Iterative solutions
- Arrays, matrices and their applications
- Sorting and searching
- Elements of string processing
- Introduction to pointers
- Basics of Software Engineering
- File Processing
Learners will read and understand many sample programs, and will have to write several on their own. This course deals with basic programming, and sets the foundation for solid programming practices for beginners.
This course is part of the Fundamentals of Computer Science XSeries Program:
- Basic programming skills
- To write C/C++ programs to solve real world computational problems.
- Good programming practices
- How to handle large and complex programs.
well received amongst teachers as well as students for their simple and lucid examples. She has a keen interest in programming, documentation, proof-reading and editing, etc.. She loves travelling, learning languages, meeting people of different cultures, and exploring various cuisines.