Preparation for CELTA is a course designed to help you prepare for the gruelling CELTA course.
This course is aimed to help aspiring teachers of all levels and the course is designed to help in the two areas of assessment which are teaching practice and written assignment.
This course comes with 52 free speaking activities, as well as sample lesson plans and writing assignments
Whilst CELTA is an entry level teacher training course in English language teaching, the contents of the course and the teaching practicum can be quite daunting. Therefore, this course is designed to help those that are new to English language teaching prepare for what lies ahead in a 4-week intensive CELTA training course.
Having said that, this course is also well suited to teachers with one or two years experience and want to do CELTA to further their professional development.
The following areas are covered in this course.
1. Input sessions - you will learn the CELTA lesson frameworks and how to teach different stages of each lesson framework
2. Teaching practice - you will learn how best to plan your lessons, try lesson planning of your own and gain tips of effectively conducting teaching practices.
3. Written assignment - you will learn the requirements of each written assignments and try doing mock assignments of your own.
By the end of the course, you will have developed comprehensive awareness of the requirements of the CELTA course and give yourself the best chance to earn the highest mark given in CELTA - Pass A
- Students should be aspiring English language teachers of both native and non-native origin
- Students should have good grasp of the English language
- Understand the requirements of CELTA training.
- Understand how to prepare for teaching practices in CELTA
- Understand how to teach during teaching practices in CELTA
- Practice lesson planning
- Practice writing assignments
I have been a language teaching specialist for over 15 years, and after spending over 10 years in the classroom, I am now fully focused on creating online language courses.
My main areas of focus are teaching Korean and English, and I create Korean courses under the brand of Korean Studio.
Our courses are designed to make language learning simple and fun. Our video lessons are designed so that they are never overwhelming and you are able to grasp the most complex concepts in one viewing.
Thank you for reading this bio and hope you like our courses!