Gain an advantage and learn how to eat the right foods at the right time to improve your athletic performance. Coaches, athletes, parents will learn how food impacts athletic performance. A lot of practical tips and guidelines that can be easily applied.
- No requirements
- What are my challenges of eating a quality pre-game meal?
- Does timing of when I eat affect my performance?
- What is the pre-game meal pyramid and how do I apply it?
- What foods/meals should I avoid on gameday?
- How do I eat a quality pre-game meal when I am on a budget?
- How can what I consume during half-time affect my performance?
Ronnie Harper, Ed.D., ATC is a certified athletic trainer working at DutchtownHigh School. His passion is to help high school athletes, parents and coaches understand the role of nutrition in sport performance.
He obtained a Bachelors and Masters degree in Health and Physical Education from MississippiStateUniversity and his Educational Doctorate in Health and Human Performances Studies from the University of Alabama. He taught for 15 years at the collegiate level at MississippiStateUniversity, University of Alabama and SoutheasternLouisianaUniversity. He is finishing his 12th year as an educator and athletic trainer in the high school setting.As a parent, he has three active teenagers who provide him with the challenge of implementing positive eating habits and patterns on a daily basis.
Sports Dietitian for the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Hornets, where he coordinates nutritional assessments, provides nutrition education, and develops individual meal plans. Co-owner of My Sports Dietitian.