If you have reached this page, you probably want to learn French, not English! Bonne nouvelle, this course is 100% in French, mostly with videos, created and presented by Anne Le Grand, an experienced native teacher.
Whatever your objective or level in French, mastering the past tenses is vital to communicate.
In this course you will learn how to use the 3 main past tenses in French: the imperfect, the passé-composé and the plus-que-parfait. You will be able to evoke memories, speak about work experiences and understand news stories, or just express past events accurately.
Master each tense individually in context and learn how to use them together in this French immersive course.
- Course 100% in French with French subtitles
- Coherent and comprehensive teaching method Based on Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Designed for students from A2 to B2 levels (lower-intermediate to advanced level)
- Clear explanations with experienced native teacher
- 48 lectures and dozens of quizzes to practice with real life examples
- Validate your knowledge with quizzes
- All videos available in HD
Feel free to watch the introduction section and the free video previews to see how the course is structured.
Each section covers a specific use of the past in French and allows you to easily develop the four basic linguistic abilities: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Introduction: I will present you the key points of the section in a short video (free preview)
Grammar lecture: learn and practice a specific grammar function with talking head videos and quizzes, to speed up and consolidate the process of learning French grammar
Listening comprehension lecture: listen to an audio recording focusing on the section's grammar point and validate your understanding with a quiz.
Reading comprehension lecture: read a text focusing on the section's grammar point and validate your understanding with a quiz.
Vocabulary lecture: Learn 10 key expressions you can easily include in your spoken French like a native speaker, followed by a quiz.
Writing lecture (dictation): boost your writing skills and learn ready to use French structures.
In Section 5, you will learn how to differentiate and pronounce the sounds [e] and [ɛ] (é/ è) via an entertaining phonetic video and exercises.
- As this course is 100% in French, you will need to have validated A1 level previously (know the present tense, how to ask questions...)
- We highly recommend to use headset for a better audio experience
- A pen and paper could be useful so you can take notes
- Master the 3 main past tenses
- Learn how to choose the right tense for the right situation
- Learn how to use the french imperfect (imparfait) to evoke memories
- Learn how to use the passé-composé to talk about an event or a personal experience
- Learn how to use the Plus-que-parfait to speak about work experiences
- Learn how to pronounce correctly the sounds [e] and [ɛ] (é/è)
- Learn how to use time expressions to specify chronology of past events
My name is Anne and I'm from Brittany, France.
I have been teaching French for 10 years at French University and in various language schools. I also teach French online. So far, 3500+ students enrolled on my Udemy courses with some of the highest ranking in the French Learning category on Udemy.
I am passionate about teaching my language. I got a Master's degree in French as a Foreign Language (FLE) and I have helped thousands of students improve their French.
I am happy to share my knowledge, tips and advice with you all within my courses!
Feel free to visit my YouTube channel and my Facebook page to keep on improving your French.
A très bientôt!