Built on the .NET Framework, Windows PowerShell helps IT professionals and power users control and automate the administration of the Windows operating system and applications that run on Windows. PowerShell combines command-line speed, the flexibility of scripting, and the power of a GUI-based admin tool. From an administrative standpoint, this means that if you become proficient in PowerShell, you’ll have the skill set needed to manage most of Microsoft's newer products. If you’re looking to explore the advanced functions and features of PowerShell 6 then is the perfect Course for you!
This comprehensive 2-in-1 course is a practical step-by-step guide uses real commands to solve real problems, building immediate experience with PowerShell 6. To begin with, you’ll set up a lab environment to learn and test PowerShell processes. You’ll discover scripts to automate administrative tasks and solve problems to perform tasks using PowerShell 6. Moving further, you’ll get a grip of Visual Studio Code with add-ons for PowerShell automation. Administer remote systems with PowerShell Core 6. Finally, you’ll master the most important aspects of PowerShell Core 6 to manage Windows features, including Active Directory, IIS, and more!
Towards the end of this course, you'll explore various features and automation tasks in the awesome PowerShell 6 by configuring and administrating the Windows Operating System components and server features.
Contents and Overview
This training program includes 3 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, Learning PowerShell 6, covers system management with PowerShell 6. This video is designed to help you get up and running with PowerShell, taking you from the basics of installation to writing scripts and web server automation. It also includes topics such as installation and setup, creating scripts, automating tasks, and using PowerShell to access data stores, registry, and file systems. You will explore the PowerShell environment and discover how to use cmdlets, functions, and scripts to automate Windows systems. The potential topics could be will be Commands, Scripts, Providers, Files and folders, Objects, Variables, Classes and Enumerations, Expressions, DSC and so on. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to leverage your skills to effectively manage and administrate the system using PowerShell 6.
The second course, PowerShell Toolmaking, covers building PowerShell automation tools. This course will show you how to build tools that will allow you to automate various aspects of your daily routines. It takes actions that you could easily delegate to the end user that will take up hours of your time daily. By the end of the course, gain strong knowledge on how automation and tool building works, so that you can create your own solutions. Automation is the future of IT, you can’t manage large-scale environments these days without substantial automated.
The third course, Mastering System Administration with PowerShell 6.x, covers exploring the advanced functions and features of PowerShell Core 6. We’ll start with Windows System Administration and explore different features, services, shares, and permissions. Then you’ll move forward with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), which is an essential aspect of PowerShell 6. After that, you’ll work on managing remote systems, learn to create and connect reusable remote sessions to multiple systems, invoke commands on remote machines, and close connections and delete remote sessions. Finally, you’ll see how PowerShell has expanded its influence across the data center, as you use PowerShell to manage Active Directory, Azure, IIS, and more. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to perform complex automation tasks using PowerShell 6 and will have mastered the new features and changes that it brings.
Final para, wrap up with the key outcome. As always, keep it simple and powerful.
By the end of this course, you'll explore various features and automation tasks in the awesome PowerShell 6 by configuring and administrating the Windows Operating System components and server features.
About the Authors
- Joshua B. Jones is an IT Administrator with Superior Industries International and leads the global company in PowerShell administration, scripts, and tool creation. In the past two years, he has eliminated over 1,000 labor hours by automating previously manual tasks using PowerShell. Not only is he an expert, but demonstrates his passion for PowerShell by teaching others the tool at every opportunity presented.
- Edgar Dockus is a technology consultant specializing in virtualization and cloud deployments with 12+ years of experience and He has been a PowerShell enthusiast since its early days. Most of his career he has spent working on various cloud solutions that require extensive automation and various deployments and general tasks with PowerShell, Chef, and ARM.
- Michael Simmons is an author, trainer, and IT Professional with over 20 years of experience managing and administering technology and helping the people that use it. He has developed multiple popular and successful video courses on the topic of Windows System Administration and PowerShell. He started using PowerShell and became involved in the community in 2007 and started iLovePowerShell in 2010 as a blog and resource for the community, where he discusses PowerShell and how to use it to improve your career. As a PowerShell expert and evangelist, he continues to spread knowledge from an admin/tech support perspective. He’s driven to teach IT, professionals, to write great code, empowering them to take control of their job and lead an inspiring career. His technical and industry coverage has been featured on leading technology industry news and how-to sites, including TomsItPro and Petri.
- You need to have some basic scripting knowledge and good administration experience.
- Passing familiarity with PowerShell will be useful (Not mandatory).