Play Piano 12: Play Popular Songs By Ear Using Chord Progression! Improvise & Put 2-5 Power Chords to "Unchained Melody" in G Key + WORKBOOKS
I have developed this Amazing 2-5 Power Chord Reharmonization Method to help you gain success to playing your favorite standards.
2-5 Power Chords are found in many standards and popular movie themes. They make rich full sounds that will captivate your audience wanting more.
In this song "Unchained Melody", I show you how to take a tune from its basic harmony ( I IV V7 ) to advanced sophisticated chords.
"Unchained Melody" is written by Alex North in 1955 and lyrics by Hy Zaret. The music was the theme for the prison film called 'Unchained'. Later in July, 1965, the Righteous Brothers made this song popular and it regained massive popularity in the 1990 blockbuster film Ghost.
Here's the Secret to this Song: You can play this song in different moods by changing time signature from simple to complex: 4/4 to 6/8 to 12/8. Learn to play beautiful ballad especially using the 6/8 rhythm & then stepping up to 12/8 rhythm with beautiful LH arrangement.
We are going to follow a Play by Ear Procedure:
First, we need to establish a harmonic foundation to the song with basic chords so that you understand how complex chords come into play. You are going to improvise the song with basic chord progression by EAR.
I put in a section on Easy Improvisation. I show you different ways to improvise around the chord progressions so that you learn "tone motion voice leading". Even when you don't play the actual melody of the song, you can hear the song in the background when you play the harmonic chord progressions. This is a good ear training program to help you play many standard and pop songs by EAR.
Second, Learn 2-5 Powr Chord Rules & Chord Substitutions to "Unchained Melody Improvisation".
In this song, I teach you how to use 2-5 Power chords to reharmonize the song from the harmonic basic chord foundation.
- Learn how an easy chord progression of using 2-5 standards chord progressions.
- Learn how to create half-step chromatic movement to create beautiful sounding basslines.
In the full arrangement, you will be playing the song in Key of G with the following chords:
- Am7 D7
Come on in and join us,
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
- Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
- See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
- You get free lifetime access
- All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
- All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
- Join this happy family of students
- have some basic understanding of chords