Play By Ear Level 2: Learn to play songs in all 12 Keys with just 1 Sheet!
In the traditional way that we are taught to play with music score, we practically need 12 score sheets to play in all 12 Keys. People need to learn to read music.
The MAGIC of this course is that you do not need 12 different score sheet, and you do not need to read music to play in all 12 Keys.
All you need is one sheet written in the 7-tone numbers and you will be able to play a song in different keys.
You will learn 17 Magic Tips along the way to play in all 12 Keys.
There is a total of 59 Practices to 19 Songs.
Here's the Secret: The 7 tone music is a breakthrough and short cut to sight reading music. It is time-saving for performers to produce music from paper to sound without worrying about key signature.
- This number notation is key independent; therefore there is no need to rewrite the music for different keys.
- The notation is an easy way for composers to record and communicate their ideas quickly.
The MAGIC of this POWERFUL 7-Tone Music:
- The 7-tone music is intuitive and effective in communicating music.
- It is a music notation that is consistent, uniform and succinct.
- You can learn the system in one hour. That´s how simple and easy it is.
- It allows you to intuitively SEE patterns and many elements of music at a glance.
- Its simplicity promotes efficient learning particularly in playing songs by ear.
- The 7-tone music allows you to play a given song in all 12 keys
- You need to become familiar with the 12 scales.
In this Play By Ear Method 2 series, I provide you with many tips and analysis to show you how to take full advantage of this 7-tone music you learned in "Play by Ear Method 1 - Pick out Melody of Songs with 7 tone." It takes only an hour to learn the system. That´s how simple the system is. You don´t believe me? Tell me about it after you learn the system from me. Once you have this method, you can spend ONE day to start playing songs by ear in 12 different keys. This surpasses the learning curve of traditional music that requires you to read music.
To guide you to use the my number system comfortably, I provide many songs for you to work on, so that you get lots of practice to become proficient with the 7-tone music. By the end of the course, you will be able to even notate your own songs in this numeric notation and play songs in different keys.
My Play By Ear Method 2 totally simplifies the thought process when you play songs. To me this is most valuable because it frees students from reading the more complicated music staff notation, and helps the student to acquire a QUIET mind to listen to the sounds deeply, to play with ease and with creative freedom. This is what play by ear is about.
Level: Beginners to Advanced
ideo Song Demonstrations:
I use software-animated videos that show you clearly how to apply the 7-tone music to playing songs by ear. I first demonstrate how this is easily done in the key of C.
Play Songs Easily in all 12 Keys
What you can do to the key of C can easily be done to any key, even in the more difficult keys such as Db key, B key or F# key. The thinking and application is CONSISTENT in all 12 keys.
In my videos, using different songs, I show you how to apply the 7-tone music to play songs in all 12 different keys. I purposely also choose some of the harder keys to play in (B, Db, Ab) so that you can see how easy the system is once your thinking is clear.
Learn to Listen Deeply
A lot of ear training programs want to help us to LISTEN DEEPLY to the sounds. My approach uses songs to help you listen DEEPLY to the tones you play rather than naming the intervals such as M6, m6, m2, M2, m7 or M7 etc. If playing songs by ear is what you want, this is perfect for you. If you want to learn sound intervals and distinguish them, you would have to go for ear training software for those drilling exercises.
This course is all about playing songs by ear in 12 different keys so that you can play the songs in the key that is in the vocal range for people to sing.
Songs in Play By Ear Level 2
A. In Depth study of 8 songs:
1. Happy Birthday
2. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
3. Here Comes the Bride
4. When the Saints Go Marching In
5. God is so Good
6. Morning Has Broken
7. I've Been Working On the Railroad
8. Jingle Bells
B. Bonus Songs:
9. Mary Had A Little Lamb
10. Kum Ba Yah
11. I have Decided To Follow Jesus
12. When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
C. Extra Bonus Training: Gospel songs for Church Pianists
14. Jesus Loves Me
15. Ode to Joy
16. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
18. Que Sera Sera
Song Challenges for the Advanced Students
19. Somewhere Over the Rainbow - All 12 Keys
20. You Are My Sunshine - All 12 Keys
21. My Way - All 12 Keys
22. Auld Lang Syne - All 12 Keys
D. Sneak Preview Song to Level 3 Play by Ear:
23. On Top Of Old Smokey
Come on in and Enroll into this course and join in the fun!
Win some prizes along the way!
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
- Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
- See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
- You get free lifetime access
- All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
- All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
- Join this happy family of students
Major Scale Tones move in Whole Tones and Half Tones:
W W H W W W H
This formula is good for all 12 Keys
Play By Ear Tip
Many of the popular songs & classical pieces are based on the Major Scale.
The melody of these major key songs move around these 7 tones:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Follow the video and play along.
Happy Birthday - Key of C
- They need to know Scale Tones
- Preferably had taken my Play By Ear Part 1: Pick out melody of songs using 7 tones
- MEMORIZE the formula for the major scale W W H W W W H
- FIND the scale tones for all 12 Major Scales
- KNOW how to form the scale tones of all 12 Major Scales easily
- IDENTIFY the key of the song by looking at the last tone
- USE their ears to play all 12 Major Scales
- UNDERSTAND why we need to play different keys for different songs
- RECOGNIZE the simplicity of the 7 Tone Scale Music
- USE the numbers to practice playing songs in different keys by ear
- LISTEN to the melody of songs and play by EAR
- PLAY any songs by EAR using the 7 Scale Tone Music
- PLAY their favorite songs by EAR using any 12 Keys
- SPOT out musical patterns to make Playing by Ear easy
- OVERCOME the barrier of getting stuck in Key of C
- VENTURE out to play in the Black Keys easily
- APPRECIATE the different moods a Key brings to a song
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.