Do you like Brazilian music?
Are you a Bossa Nova fan?
Then this course is for you!!
This course is aimed specially for beginners, piano students who wish to learn different genres and to be able to play accompaniments on the piano, particularly this course is focused on Bossa Nova.
In this course you will learn easy to follow accompaniments or compings based on a rhythmical pattern which is characteristic of Bossa Nova.
This course will teach you how to use the popular harmonic progression IIm7 V7 Imaj7 , which is typical in latin and jazz genres.
This course includes:
- 100% practical tutorial videos with the explanation of the rhythmical patterns and how to play them with both hands.
- Explanation and analysis of the accompaniment for a more comprehensive learning.
- Downloadable audios with Bossa Nova drum backing tracks.
- Downloadable PDF with the accompaniments so you can work without an internet connection.
Also, if you have any questions, you can communicate with the instructor through a message or in the forum of questions of the course, so you are not alone in your path of piano learning.
This course has more than 580 students already enrolled!!
Sign up for this course today and start playing Bossa Nova compings!!
- Internet connection is required to watch the videos of this course on your laptop or mobile device.
- Having a piano, keyboard or MIDI controller is necessary to practice all these exercises.
- Basic music theory knowledge is recommendable for this course, specially reading treble and bass clef, rhythmical figures and chords theory.
- At the end of this course you will be able to play the basic Bossa Nova rhythmical pattern at the piano using the typical harmonic progression.
- You will understand how to study and practice these compings in order to play faster and better.
- You will be able to play these compings in C, G and D keys.
Ilse Lozoya is a pianist and educator who has been creating online courses about music and education on Udemy since 2016. She is deeply involved on creating online content with other artists and course developers as a co - instructor.
Her courses are basically focused on:
- Music Theory
- Ear Training
There are more than 46,000 students from 160 countries enrolled in more than 74 courses.
Ilse Lozoya has been a piano teacher for the last 22 years, her experience teaching young kids includes the Yamaha Program and now she is a Certified Suzuki Piano Teacher
For the last 10 years she has been a higher education teacher in local music universities. Her academic degrees include:
Music Bachelor´s Degree by Universidad de Guadalajara (UDG)
Master´s Degree in Education by Universidad Tecnológica de México (UNITEC)
University Teaching 101 by Johns Hopkins University through Coursera
Liderazgo en gestión educativa estratégica a tráves del uso de la tecnología by Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM)
Foundations of Teaching for Learning Specialization Program by Commonwealth Education Trust
Virtual Teacher Program Specialization by UCI Extension Continuing Education
Currently besides her daily academic activities as a private piano teacher, she is developing virtual piano courses in order to reach people who don´t have the opportunity to take regular piano lessons, she has a blog and she is preparing an E-book