Do you aspire to be an ideal people manager? The journey from being an individual contributor to a people manager requires significant personal development and growth. If you are a first time manager, you may have asked yourself:
- Where did I go wrong in managing this particular employee?
- How should I give feedback to my subordinates?
- How do I handle potential assessments?
- How should I motivate people who report to me?
The objective of this business and management course is to smoothen the transition for newly appointed people managers, motivate and guide people who are aspiring to become one and to think back and reflect for seasoned managers.
The course will provide learners with an enhanced understanding of the role of people management in organizational context.
- Gain an overview of what it means to be an effective people manager
- Have a deeper understanding of the different aspects of people management
- Be able to appreciate the challenges faced by a first time manager
- Reflect on your managerial experiences
Vasanthi Srinivasan is a Professor in the Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management Area.
Her research interests are in the field of HRM. She has been extensively involved in designing and delivering Leadership Development Programs for Indian and international companies.
Her prior experience in offering the MOOC course - Introduction to People Management motivates her to effectively harness technology for learning impact.