Opencart is a free, open-source e-commerce platform. Its easy to install, easy to use, and full of features. A big part of Opencart is the Opencart Marketplace, where developers can share their custom extensions that will expand the functionality of an owner's opencart store. In this course, you will be taught by an industry professional with years of experience. You will learn how to create one of these custom opencart extensions step-by-step, so that you can begin developing like the pro's!
- The MVC Architecture
- Routing in Opencart
- Passing Data between the Controller and the View
- Creating new database tables
- Storing and Retrieving data from the database
- OC-Mod Creation
- Packaging your Extension for distribution on the web
- And so much more!
You'll be building a Give-Away module, which will allow the Administrator of the store to create a giveaway, assign a product to be given away, and have the system select a winner of the product! When you're done you'll know how to create the module from start to finish, as well as know how to package it up for distribution on the web!
Become an Opencart developer! Enroll today!
- Know how to install the opencart framework. Know the basics of working with PHP and SQL. A little knowledge of jQuery and Bootstrap would be helpful, but is not required.