This course will give you a foundation in proper nutrition with a focus on optimal health using the last scientific research. It is aimed at anyone considering a healthy lifestyle, such as vegetarians, vegans, flexitarians, Mediterranean diet aficionados, or those looking at a career in health and wellness, such as a Nutritional Therapist or Wellness Coach. This course is separate, yet a perquisite for our Nutritional Therapy course, which dives into how food affects our bodies and how to use that to fight disease. You will benefit more from this course if you understand basic physiology, but it is not compulsory.
- A very basic understanding of biology is helpful, but not critical.
- This course is detail oriented, if you don't like stats and numbers you may find the first part of the course difficult.
- You will be more confident reading ingredient lists and nutritional labels.
- You will understand the details of food nutrients and how they affect the body.
- You will be able to demonstrate a healthy diet.
- You will be able to provide for yourself all the nutrients like protein, calcium, and iron, from plant based foods.
- You will be able to create a healthy vegan diet will all the nutrients you need.
- You will be able to avoid the fads and diet extremes seen on the internet.
- You will have tools needed to avoid the pitfalls of a restricted diet.
Hello, I'm Angela Poch, and I am a certified life coach, certified plant based nutritionist, and qualified counselor. Whether you are looking to improve your overall emotional wellbeing or physical health, I am here to help. From online courses to one-on-one sessions, my goal is to help you get the tools you need not just for your current dilemma but for a lifetime! I use a collaborative approach, so expect to put some work into our sessions and be willing to do homework in-between.
I use effective and scientifically researched methods for developing my health courses as well as counselling and coaching with the TEAM-CBT approach as the foundation, but I also use other tools, techniques, and methods creating an integrative approach.
Angela graduated from Nutritional Counseling from the Total Health School of Nutrition in Calgary AB, a 1.5 year, plant based nutrition program and Kelowna College of Professional Counselling with Applied Counselling and Psychology. Other credentials include: Life Coaching Diploma, CBT certificate, Certified Depression Recovery Program Director for over 10 years, Member of Physician Committee for Responsible Medicine, Food Safe Certification, worked in professional kitchens, Member of the BC Conference Health Advisory Committee, and various other certificates on health and wellness.
With over 35 years cooking experience, Angela Poch has researched healthful living for her family and friends, leading her to become first a vegetarian, strict vegetarian, vegan, and is now a 'flexitarian" (2010 to current) where she leans heavily toward vegan but understands there are valid reasons to use some animal products, including the humanity of animals themselves. A flexitarian is a proud supporter of any farm that does it’s best to raise humane and healthy animals.