Learn to install, configure and tweak NGINX to create secure, high performance web servers from scratch.
Build a strong foundation in NGINX with this practical course suited to both beginners and the more experienced.
- Learn to customise the NGINX installation
- Configure NGINX as a web server
- Install & configure a server-side programming language as an NGINX backend
- Learn to tweak NGINX for optimal performance
- Secure NGINX with some security best practises
An invaluable skill for any techie or developer in the web industry
NGINX is the fastest growing and most popular web server for a reason, so understanding it will be an invaluable skill to anyone working in the web industry, specially network admins & web developers.
This course will provide a very practical and concise approach to learning NGINX and will give you a solid base to immediately start creating secure, high performance web servers.
Content and Overview
With 39 concise and practical lectures, this course aims to teach a solid foundational understanding of NGINX and is suitable for anyone with a basic understanding of networking and the linux command line interface.
The course starts by looking at the differences between NGINX and Apache for those with Apache experience and then explains the different ways of installing NGINX, customising your install, and configuring NGINX as a service.
The installation section also covers updating NGINX without downtime and adding/removing modules.
The bulk of the course is then focussed on configuring NGINX as a web server, including connecting it to a PHP backend and configuring some of NGINX's best features, such as Gzipping and GeoIP.
The final section will go over securing the server and the user via SSL and other security best practices.
Upon completion of this course you will have the practical skills to immediately start building secure, high performance web servers or improve and better understand existing hosting solutions you might work with.
This course is to the point and everything is demonstrated in the most simple, yet practical ways.
We do not focus on the theory, but get straight to installing, configuring and learning!
- Memory Usage
- Server-side language configuration
- URI handling
- Demo server
- File transfer clients
- Terminal and Editor
- Downloading source code
- Configuring custom source code compilation options
- Adding non-default modules
- Understand basic networking concepts
- Be comfortable using the command line
- Learn to create custom Nginx web servers
- Customise your Nginx install
- Secure & optimise your server
- Add an invaluable skill to your resume
- Verifiable certificate of completion
Stackacademy provides high-quality Courses for Developers, with learning-efficiency as the number one priority.
My name is Ray Viljoen,
I have over 10 years experience as a Full Stack Developer and have real world experience building, maintaining & optimising a wide range of applications.
My courses are concise, teaches practical skills and is designed to also serve as usable future reference material.