Welcome to the IT Fundamentals; FC0-U61. The Total Course from Mike Meyers, Scott Jernigan, and Total Seminars.
Be your own Geek. This course is for everyone who has had to call a help desk or a geek friend to help them with basic computer, laptop, mobile and network issues. You will learn about all kinds of computing devices (like PCs and Macs, tablets, and phones) as well as how to troubleshoot issues (like with networks, the Internet, and why your computer won't turn on). You will also learn about security, safety, and preventative maintenance, as well as the basics of databases and programming (basic IT skills everyone should know these days).
Learn how to:
- Identify and understand basic computer components and what they do
- Understand operating systems, data storage, and sharing
- Set up and configure a basic computer workstation
- Work with applications and files
- Handle basic software installation
- Set up and configure a mobile device
- Connect to networks and the Internet
- Identify/prevent basic security risks
- Identify compatibility issues
- Understand safety and preventative maintenance of computers
- Understand basic database concepts
- Learn the fundamentals of programming code and languagues
This course covers everything you need to know to pass the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Certification (FC0-U61) exam. Not interested in certification? No problem! The main goal of the course is to help users better understand, set up, configure, and troubleshoot all kinds of devices, and to understand basic IT concepts.
The course covers all the CompTIA IT Fundamentals FC0-U61 objective domains:
- 1.0 IT Concepts and Terminology
- 2.0 Infrastructure
- 3.0 Applications and Software
- 4.0 Software Development
- 5.0 Database Fundamentals
- 6.0 Security
The Total IT Fundamentals Course covers everything you need to know to be your own computer, mobile, network, and security Geek.
Subject Mater Expert Scott Jernigan is editor-in-chief for Total Seminars, a provider of PC and network repair seminars, books, videos and courseware for thousands of organizations throughout the world. Scott has been involved in the computer, network and IT industry since 1996 as a technician, instructor, editor, author and speaker.
Scott has written, edited, and contributed to dozens of books on computer literacy, hardware, operating systems, networking and certification. Scott co-authored the best-selling CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, the Mike Meyers A+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting PCs and the CompTIA IT Fundamentals All-in-One Exam Guide (all with Mike Meyers).
- Basic user of computers, mobile devices, the Internet and networks.
- There are no specific prerequisites as the course covers all the topics in detail.