Hiya, piano teacher!
Want more fun and progress for your youngest piano students? Want to feel in tune with the kids in your studio, so the kids go from chaotic to cooperative? Want to use your existing piano method book or curriculum with maximum success? If you:
- Notice your piano student getting distracted but want him to focus on music for the whole lesson
- Feel she has a rhythm problem and want to get her on the beat
- Want to feel energized for your family and hobbies after lessons
- Are tired of books geared at older kids or with only written instructions and no video demos for moving active little ones
Then Musical Mother Tongue is for you!
Gently guided by a certified music development specialist, this experience helps piano teachers of kids age 3 to 5 become excellent music models for their students. It helps teachers establish a child's initial rhythmic, tonal, & movement vocabulary in a fun, heart-connected way... so that his piano playing is fabulous and he keeps 100% focus in the lesson. And so you go home with enough energy to enjoy your family and your favorite hobbies. No more exhaustion from conflicts and constant redirecting during your lessons.
Most importantly, it launches child audiation, the often neglected inner musical instrument that 'plays' all the others.
In 4, 10-minute video sessions, and with 4 printable PDF lesson plans, Musical Mother Tongue gives you all the tricks to help kids:
- move smoothly to music and gain a steady beat in multiple meters
- stay focused throughout a lesson , both at a the keyboard and off bench
- sing a hello song and a folk song in contrasting tonalities in prep for playing on piano
- chant two rhythmic poems in contrasting meters in prep for playing on piano
- Webcam and internet connection
- Space to move freely in view of screen
- Ability to see, hear, and move along with the teacher.
- Willingness to copy simple patterns, songs, and chants from teacher
- Willingness to listen responsively to students