Do you play chords but do not understand some more complicated chords and prefer not to play them?
Are you a music student and do you want to deepen the theory of chords?
Are you a self-taught or lyrical musician and want to know more about what are you playing?
If you have identified yourself with any of the above questions, this course is for you!!!
This course is focused on learning to build and identify the most complex chords from 4-note chords, not just the traditional 7 or dominant chords.
You will know the so-called "Extended Chords", some of the chords you will learn are:
- 4 notes chords like:
Cmaj7 Cmaj7 # 5 Cmaj7b5 C7sus4
- 5 notes chords like:
C9 Cmaj9 Cm9
C7b9 C7 # 9
- 6 notes chords like:
C11 Cm11 Cmaj9 # 11 Cm11b5 Cm11b5b9
- 7 notes chords like:
C13 Cm13 Cmaj13
Through lessons with visual and auditory explanations you can learn to build these chords from any note, but most importantly you will understand the chords that appear in pieces you want to play !!
The contents of this course are divided into:
- Lessons with the explanation of each chord
- Downloadable PDF material
- Exercises where you identify written chords
Register today and take that step to learn in depth the world of extended chords.
- Having a good internet connection is necessary in order to watch all the lessons of this course.
- Being enrolled in the previous courses is not necessary but having a basic understanding of 3 and 4 notes chords is recommendable in order to fully understand this coures.
- It is necessary to be willing to practice all the excercises and memorize the structures in order to really master chords.
- In this course, studentes will learn how to identify extended chords, 7, 9, 11 and 13.
- As an amateur or self-taught musician you will improve your understanding of what you play.
- You will be able to understand how chords are structured and how to understand music charts.
Ilse Lozoya is a pianist and educator who has been creating online courses about music and education on Udemy since 2016. She is deeply involved on creating online content with other artists and course developers as a co - instructor.
Her courses are basically focused on:
- Music Theory
- Ear Training
There are more than 46,000 students from 160 countries enrolled in more than 74 courses.
Ilse Lozoya has been a piano teacher for the last 22 years, her experience teaching young kids includes the Yamaha Program and now she is a Certified Suzuki Piano Teacher
For the last 10 years she has been a higher education teacher in local music universities. Her academic degrees include:
Music Bachelor´s Degree by Universidad de Guadalajara (UDG)
Master´s Degree in Education by Universidad Tecnológica de México (UNITEC)
University Teaching 101 by Johns Hopkins University through Coursera
Liderazgo en gestión educativa estratégica a tráves del uso de la tecnología by Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM)
Foundations of Teaching for Learning Specialization Program by Commonwealth Education Trust
Virtual Teacher Program Specialization by UCI Extension Continuing Education
Currently besides her daily academic activities as a private piano teacher, she is developing virtual piano courses in order to reach people who don´t have the opportunity to take regular piano lessons, she has a blog and she is preparing an E-book