Do you want to understand harmonic progressions?
Do you want to understand how harmony in music works?
This course is dedicated to learn about chord progressions.
This is the number 3 in the Music Theory Series, so if you want to take the most of it´s content is a good idea to go over the entire series, but if you are familiar with the basic music terminology and terms as scales and chords are understandable for you, this course is for you.
Having a deeper knowledge of music theory is part of music fundamentals and it is necessary in order to be able to improve your understanding of what you are playing and reading, this will help you to become a self taught learner being able to keep learning chords and progressions that are used in different genres.
Some of the terms that you will learn in this course are:
- Chords progressions
- Tonal functions
- Chord progression: I IV V I
- Chord progression: I VI II V I
- The basic Jazz progression: II V I
- All these progressions will be learnd on major and minor keys.
This course has downloadable material that will help you to follow and practice all the exercises that are included in the lectures and examples of this course.
This course has more than more than 1420 students already enrolled in the course and it has been rated with an average of 4.60 stars from 5 possible in Udemy, this is what students are saying about the course:
- "Great music theory course! " (5 stars)
- "Wonderful course. An absolute pleasure & privilege to learn from IIse. Experienced & knowledgeable. I learn a lot about Jazz about basic jazz progressions. Thanks." (5 stars)
Join this course today and enhance your music knowledge.
- Be familiar with the basic terminology, scales and chords is recommendable for a better understanding of this course.
- A desire to develop a deeper understanding on music harmony and chord progressions is a must in this course.
- A computer or mobile device and a good internet connection is necessary in order to watch the lectures of this course.
- You will be able to understand what a chord progression is and which are the main ones.
- Constructing any chord progressions from any key will be easy after have taken this course.
- You will know how to construct the I IV V I, I VI II V I and II V I from major and minor keys
Ilse Lozoya is a pianist and educator who has been creating online courses about music and education on Udemy since 2016. She is deeply involved on creating online content with other artists and course developers as a co - instructor.
Her courses are basically focused on:
- Music Theory
- Ear Training
There are more than 46,000 students from 160 countries enrolled in more than 74 courses.
Ilse Lozoya has been a piano teacher for the last 22 years, her experience teaching young kids includes the Yamaha Program and now she is a Certified Suzuki Piano Teacher
For the last 10 years she has been a higher education teacher in local music universities. Her academic degrees include:
Music Bachelor´s Degree by Universidad de Guadalajara (UDG)
Master´s Degree in Education by Universidad Tecnológica de México (UNITEC)
University Teaching 101 by Johns Hopkins University through Coursera
Liderazgo en gestión educativa estratégica a tráves del uso de la tecnología by Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM)
Foundations of Teaching for Learning Specialization Program by Commonwealth Education Trust
Virtual Teacher Program Specialization by UCI Extension Continuing Education
Currently besides her daily academic activities as a private piano teacher, she is developing virtual piano courses in order to reach people who don´t have the opportunity to take regular piano lessons, she has a blog and she is preparing an E-book