- This workshop is focused on the 5 & 6 string extended basses
- Learning the seven notes with colors and associate with the piano and the bass fingerboard.
- Learning all basic things in the music as: bars, time signatures, notes & durations, circle of fifths, bass notation
- Chart guide and music signs to help the student and follow the chart with all music signs as: segno, coda, repeat signs etc.
- Articulations & dynamics helps to understand the notes with the specific accent
- Models and choices for the student how to count the music in the professional way
- Learning to work with the metronome as a professional and resolve all rhythmic problems
- Rhythm & music examples or solution how to read music slow and understand every note
- Learning all notes and subdivision as dots, rests, whole note, half note, quarter, sixteens, triplets & syncopation
- Covering 6 the string bass and resolve all problems with positions, notation and range.
- Full instrument coverage step by step, note by note.
- No need knowledge only Bass Guitar 5 or 6 String Bass and good motivation.
- Require any product that can watch videos and can open PDF files : iPhone, iPad, Laptop, Desktop
- The student will be able to recognize all notes, time signature, keys, charts or in other words, all the tools to begin his career and to play.
- Able to play every note on the 6 string bass fingerboard and associate it with the bass clef.
- Able to count the music in the pro way.
- Recognize the bass clef and have expanded knowledge of the extended range and the notation.
- Able to recognize musical charts and know all important signs as segno, repeat sign, coda etc.
- With this workshop the student will be able to continue to the next course in this topic.
- At the end of the workshop the student will be with strong theory and practical experience.
Vinnie Venkov was born in 1967 in Sofia,Bulgaria.
He entered The Bulgarian State Conservatory and graduated in 1993, majoring in bass guitar.
His second instrument is a Double Bass.
In 1994 he received his Music Master's Degree
Additional Courses & Teachers:
John Patitucci - Double Bass Course Online,
Alain Caron - Participated in 2 Workshops
Rimon (Israel) - Arnon Palti, Ariel Volnitz, Yorai Oron
Eran Zilberberg - Private Lessons
Bulgarian Music Academy - Simeon Venkov, Georgi Georgiev
Experience In Canada
Toronto Experience - Afro Fest
In July 2018 he was invited to join a new Afro band in Toronto. The concert taken a place at the Woodbine park and there was more than 3000 people.
In 2018 Vinnie was invited also from another Blues band and he is a member already less than a year. He play with them already 2 concerts.
Boom Jazz Band
In 2017 Vinnie was invited to be a member of the new Jazz Band. With this band he peform in very pop places like Nobody Talk To Colonel, Bar 120.
River Jazz Band
In 2017 his band was invited and he anticipated in Music Jazz Festival 2017
In the last 3 years Vinnie met musicians like:
Igor Babic, John Collin, Janaia Farrell, Sergei Krutik, Alex Zlotnik, Alex Severinets, Sasha Boychuk, Jose Hernandez and many others.
In march 2016
Vinnie was invited to join the Band Kleyzmerenians and played with them 2 concerts.
In the summer of 2014,
he was invited in a new jazz band in Toronto in which he organized weekly concerts for a year. In that place, he played an important role in the creation of important contacts and meetings of many popular jazz musicians in Toronto.
Experience In Israel
Tel Aviv Jazz Festival 2007
In February 2007 He was invited with Ilia Perelstein Trio and Robert Anchipolovsky to The Tel Aviv Jazz Festival 2007.
This is his third time on Jazz Festival.
Jazz, Blues and Videotape Tel Aviv 2002
Some months later he was invited by another new Group, Taxijazz,with whom he has played until now.
In 2002 He was invited with Taxijazz to The Tel Aviv Jazz Festival called
’’Jazz,Blues and Videotape"(This was the first group in the Festival that used video while playing).
The Jazz Festival Ashdod 2001
In 2001 he was invited to Jazz Festival Ashdod organized by the famous musician Leonid Ptashka.
There he played with Ivan Kolev, a famous Bulgarian folk Musician,
playing jazz and Bulgarian folk together.
In February 1997 Vinnie emigrated to Israel and
3 months later he received a 75% scholarship from Rimon School, based on Berklee College of Music.
With Gospel Band Emmanuel recorded 2 CD's
After 2003 Taxijazz invited him and for the next 7 years recorded 3 CD's
In 2003 he recorded two CD's with Arik Strauss in the Latin and Fusion Styles.
Year later Vinnie was invited to another Gospel project and recorded 1 CD with the canadian musician Andre Villneuve.
In 2013 Vinnie was invited from his father in the band Jazz Trio + X,
the CD include original Vinnie's compisitons and his father Simeon Venkov.
In 2004 Vinnie build his group ''River Band" months later he did
some concerts with his band in different formations, trio,quartet and quintet.
In the same year, Vinnie was invited by Ari Erev in another jazz project
"Jazz from The Heart", dedicated to legendary Jazz Piano Player Bill Evans.
In February 2007 Robert Anchipolovsky invited him in another project.
It's Sextet with three alto saxes.
There he met Jamie O'Donnell alto sax,from UK.
Also in the same time began to play in another project with Dudi Sofer,piano player.
In 2014 organized his new band River Jazz Band created for
Event Planning Services as Jazz Parties, Bar Mitzwot, Birthdays, Corporate events and receptions.
International Gospel Experience 1997-2014
For 15 years, he has member in another Gospel Project, with whch he went on musical Tours in Canada, Holland, Ukraine and Switzerland USA - In Swiss he was at one of the biggest Gospel Festival In Europe and perform before more than 7000 people.
For the past 17 years, Vinnie has played more than 500 concerts in respected places all over Israel.
In 2012 he was invited to a very important conference which took place in Grantham, Pennsylvania.
The gospel forum MJAA collect Jewish musicians from across North America.
In 2013 Vinnie was invited as well.