UDEMY BEST SELLER
This course is "5-Star Certified" by the International Association of Online Music Educators and Institutions (IAOMEI). This course has been independently reviewed by a panel of experts and has received a stellar 5-star rating.
Welcome to the COMPLETE Music Theory Fundamentals Guide!
This is a class designed for the average person who is ready to take their music career (or music interest) and turn it into a business. Whether you are an active musician, an aspiring musician, or an aspiring music manager or agent - this class is perfect for you.
For years I've been teaching Music Theory in the college classroom. These classes I'm making for Udemy use the same syllabus I've used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost. I believe anyone can learn Music Theory - and cost shouldn't be a barrier.
My approach to music theory is to minimize the memorization. Most of these concepts you can learn by just understanding why chords behave in certain ways. Once you understand those concepts, you can find any scale, key, or chord that exists. Even invent your own. If you've tried to learn music theory before, or if you are just starting out - this series of courses is the perfect fit.
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated Udemy instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a "Mover and a Shaker," and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
Throughout this class, If you get stuck, you can review the videos or post a question, and I'll back to it as fast as possible.
This class is Part 3: Minor Keys, The Circle of Fifths, and Compound Meters.
Throughout this class, I'll be providing you with many worksheets for you to practice the concepts on. If you get stuck, you can review the videos or post a question, and I'll back to it as fast as possible. Also in this class I have several complete analysis projects that we will complete together - just like in my college classes.
In this class, we will cover:
- My approach to Music Theory
- Tools you will need to learn Music Theory quickly and efficiently
- Key Signatures
- Diatonic Chord Progressions
- Tendency Chords
- Using the Circle of Fifths for Songwriting and Composition
- Borrowing from Closely Related Keys
- Scale Degree Names
- Tendency Tones
- Compound Meters
- Compound Meter Signatures
- Reading and Writing Compound Meters
- Triplets, duplets, and Quadruplets
- Finding Minor keys by alternations to Major
- Patterns in Minor keys
- Relative Minor keys
- Parallel Minor keys
- Minor keys in the Circle of Fifths
- Using Minor Keys for Songwriting and Composition
- Diatonic Chord Progressions in Minor
- The V Chord and Minor and the Leading Tone Problem
- Harmonic Minor Scales
- Melodic Minor Scales
- and much, much more!
And of course, once you sign up for this class you automatically get huge discounts to all the upcoming parts of this class.
You will not have another opportunity to learn Music Theory in a more comprehensive way than this.
All the tools you need to successfully learn Music Theory are included in this course and the entire course is based on real-life experiences - not just academic theory.
This course is perfect for prep for the Praxis II Test (ETS Praxis Music), The ABRSM Music Theory Exam (up to Grade 8), AP Music Theory Exam, College Placement Exams (Music Theory), and other common secondary and post-secondary placement exams.
Please click the "Take This Course" button so you can launch your music career today.
I guarantee that this course is the most thorough music theory course available ANYWHERE on the market - or your money back (30 day money back guarantee)
Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.
Praise for Courses by Jason Allen:
⇢ "It seems like every little detail is being covered in an extremely simple fashion. The learning process becomes relaxed and allows the complex concepts to get obsorbed easily. My only regret is not taking this course earlier." - M. Shah
⇢ "Great for everyone without any knowledge so far. I bought all three parts It's the best investment in leveling up my skills so far.." - Z. Palce
⇢ "Excellent explanations! No more or less than what is needed." - A. Tóth
⇢ "VERY COOL. I've waiting for years to see a good video course, now I don't have to wait anymore. Thank You!" - Jeffrey Koury
⇢ "I am learning LOTS! And I really like having the worksheets!" - A. Deichsel
⇢ "The basics explained very clearly - loads of really useful tips!" - J. Pook
⇢ "Jason is really quick and great with questions, always a great resource for an online class!" M. Smith
Students who register for this course will receive ongoing exclusive content and discounts to all future classes in the series.
- Students should be enthusiastic about music, but do not need to be producers or musicians. No prior experience is needed in music - All are welcome!
- Students who have taken Music Theory Comprehensive Part 1 - How To Read Music will benefit from some concepts, but it is not required.
- Students who have taken Music Theory Comprehensive Part 2 - Chords, Scales, and Keys will benefit from some concepts, but it is not required.
- This courses assumes students know the basics of how to read music. (Those who can not identify notes in treble clef should start with Music Theory Comprehensive Part 1)