In this preview course from composer/sound designer Gary Hiebner we’ll take a look under the hood of Presonus Studio One, its music production capabilities and build your confidence when navigating this feature-rich audio software so that you too can start producing your own music.
Course Content includes:
- Taking a Look Around the User Interface
- Setting Up Your Audio Interface
- Recording An Audio Track
- Recording Drums with a MIDI Instrument
We’ll stay organized by using folders
- We dedicate a video to exploring the mix console.
Compatible with both Macs and PCs, Studio One is a competitive DAW that allows beginners and pros alike to create and produce awesome audio content in this feature-rich program.
What You'll Get From This Preview Course:
- Step-by step instructions on how to get started with the basics of Studio One for song production
- Easy to follow on screen examples of how to navigate Studio One
- Tips & Tricks from an experience composer and sound designer
- Suitable for beginners and pros alike
At the end of this course you’ll be able to find your way around the Studio One interface, record an audio track, record in a midi instrument, and understand the basics of the Mix Console – all on your way to producing your first song.
Look out for Gary’s full tutorial on Producing a Song in Studio One elsewhere on Udemy.
- The students will need to have a basic understanding of music composition and audio engineering
- At the end of the course the student will be able to produce their own song within Studio One. They'll be able to record audio and MIDI to their tracks and have a better understanding on Studio One's user interface.
Who Am I
I'm a sound designer and music composer from South Africa, and my passions are music making, and teach others how to make music.
I've been working in new media such as music and sound for TV and online games for the last 15 years. In these years I've worked through a multitude of different audio software, and through this found a passion for teaching how to use the different type of audio software that is available on the market.
What I Teach
I'm a firm believer that audio software has its place in the creative field and using them as tools you can get different results which you might not have ever imagined. I wish to show you how to get the most out of these audio applications so that you can produce and expand on your musical ideas.