Learn to build a track from scratch. Automate Drum and Synth plugins, to create variation and enhance your track. Learn how to tweak VCO's and a VCF on an old analog synth. Learn how to modulate effects and other plugins, on a per clip basis, so that you attain more variety in your composition.
I go step by step, and cover everything you need to know. I recorded this course non-stop for 1 hour and 45minutes, and you get all of it. Every parameter I tweaked, all that went through my head, plus lots of pro tips along the way, for you to use and apply.
I have over 20 years experience recording, fixing, repairing, and arranging electronic music. Working with synths since 1992, I have been fully entrenched into the synth movement. Now I am taking my experience, and creating these awesome videos, where I share my total knowledge, and help you to do, what too me years to learn and understand. I skip you right to what will work, and give you the basis to launch off on your own.
I love to share, and this course I want to share with you. I have take then time to break down all of the lessons, into concise and easy segments, that are easy to digest, and easy to consume. I show you what my mouse is doing, and where my hands are. I show you step by step all the moves. I even add in pop-ups to help you understand a concept better, or add additional industry experience to what you are learning.
I have other courses for beginning, and learning to record with Ableton or Logic, and how to set all of that up, and how to arrange tracks, and take your compositions to the next level.
In this course I wanted to focus on exactly how to take you right from start to finish. From a blank canvas to a fully working track. Many songs today, are but a few simple pieces placed together, but how do you get those pieces? How do you get to that sound. How do you become a musical artist.
That is one of my primary goals, is to ignite the fire inside of you, to allow you to fall in love with writing music, and making music. I teach you how to become an artist again, or improve your artistic skills. When you take this course, you will walk away a better artist, and you will grow an awareness, or the things that I teach you about, so no matter which style you go to write in or play, you will walk away with more skills and knowledge than you had before.
Learn about the overview of the course.
Select a pattern from the drum machine.
Learn some basic drum programming.
Copy clips, and make modifications to the drum patterns/clips within Ableton.
- This course uses Ableton Live, a Drum Plugin and a Synth plugin. You do not need to own a drum plugin or synth plugin, to take this course. There are concepts in this course that can be applied to any style of music, or any set of plugins.
- Some of the information in this course, assumes a basic understanding, and not all aspects of Ableton are covered. I have a course which walks through the basics of Ableton, if you find yourself getting lost.
- The purpose of this course is to go from scratch, to a functioning bass and drum track. I built this course, like I was sitting next to you, and showing you what to do.
- I made the lessons in small pieces, so you can concentrate on a single idea, without have to scan across all the lessons looking for how to do something.
- Even someone with regular knowledge of music, will learn something, even if only to rediscover how to fall in love with making music again.