Many of you as network engineers have been requested to install a complete wireless network in a hotel, mall or exhibitions so the Wi-Fi covers the whole area to allow users to enjoy the wireless internet connectivity. In such a complex network, you require 10's and sometimes 100's of Wireless Access Points (APs) to provide the full coverage.
Those APs require configuration to let them work, so if you have for example 100 APs to configure then you need to configure them one by one and this takes a lot of time.
In our case, we can use MikroTik CAPsMAN so all MikroTik AP's can be controlled from one device and all settings on the Wireless can be changed from the CAPsMAN MikroTik Router - and this is the mission of this course.
In this course, I will show you how you can connect all APs to the CAPsMAN and how you can control everything from the CAPsMAN itself. With a real LAB scenario, I will show you step by step how you can configure everything at the CAPsMAN then we will connect to the wireless and see that it is going to be working without any problem.
Topics that will be covered in this course are:
- Initial Configuration on the CAPsMAN
- Connect the CAPs to the CAPsMAN with and without certificates
- Create Channels in CAPsMAN
- Create Security profiles in CAPsMAN
- Create Configuration containers in the CAPsMAN
- Create Datapaths in CAPsMAN
- Make Provisioning in the CAPsMAN
- Configure VLAN's on CAPsMAN
- Create Access lists
- Make a backup CAPsMAN for failover
MikroTik CAPsMAN is very required and information about how to configure it is not very clear, so this course can be like a reference for you to understand in details with LABS how to make MikroTik CAPsMAN works.
I hope that you will enjoy my course.
- Have a basic TCP/IP and networking knoweldge
- Be familiar with the wireless concepts such as frequency, power, bands etc..
- Have already experience with MikroTik and Winbox