MODULE 1: Managing Your Documents
Learning outcomes: Working with Windows Explorer and Word's file options to manage and control your word documents more effectively.
- Using Windows Explorer within Word
- Saving Your Files
- Finishing Your Files
- Making Word Work Backwards
- Viewing Your Files
MODULE 2: Using Formatting Tools in Word
Learning outcomes: Effectively using templates, bullet points and other formatting tools to ensure both paragraphs and pages display correctly.
- Working with Templates
- Using Bullets and Numbering
- Using the Paragraph Dialog
- Using Delineation Tools
- Working with Pages
- Adding Hyperlinks
MODULE 3: Creating Headers and Footers
Learning outcomes: Work with headers and footers to number and present pages in an organised and professional way.
- Creating Basic Headers and Footers
- Using the Header & Footer Tools - Design Tab
- Inserting Page Numbers
- Doing More with Headers and Footers
MODULE 4: Working with Pictures
Learning outcomes: Inserting, formatting and manage pictures and images in order to professionally illustrate your documents.
- Inserting Pictures
- Editing Pictures
- Doing More with Pictures
- Formatting Pictures
- Managing Pictures
MODULE 5: Working with Shapes
Learning outcomes: Drawing, adding, formatting and managing text and shapes to further enhance your document's appearance.
- Drawing Shapes
- Working with Shapes
- Working with Text and Shapes
- Advanced Shape Tasks
MODULE 6: Performing a Mail Merge in Word
Learning outcomes: Setting up and performing mail-merge to accurately and professionally produce letters and labels for many recipients quickly and easily.
- Using the Mail Merge Wizard
- Performing a Manual Mail Merge
- Sending a Document Electronically
- You should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Introduction course.