This course is the FIRST, ONLY, #1 BESTSELLER 3 years consecutive, AND most comprehensive HANDS_ON Microsoft Project course that brings the THREE ASPECTS TOGETHER - 1) Microsoft Project 2) Project Management Principles AND 3) hands-on exercises. NO OTHER book, tutorial or course offers these unique set, anywhere on the internet.
Before you read further, see what my students are saying about my Microsoft Project courses:
- From an esteemed learner: "I'm a 7-year veteran of the videogame industry and have spent most professional career working on agile/scrum/kanban development teams. This course has been a great, cost-effective way for me to broaden my project management toolbox to include traditional waterfall scheduling techniques and resource allocation modelling. I will be using these skills to help plan multi-million dollar development efforts on small to medium (50-500 person) development teams."
- "This was probably one of the best online courses I have taken so far, on any subject. I did not have any previous knowledge on MS Project before I started taking the course and today I feel very confident about it." - another esteemed learner
- "Lecturer not only provides excellent teaching skills, but also provides so much insight that sometimes you feel he was actually involved in MS Project's development itself. Samples, case introductions and other material is well-prepared and perfectly executed in a systematic order, where pupil is encouraged to experiment further and work on provided sample msp files. I highly recommend this to anyone using the software or prepare for a PMP or similar certificate." - review from an esteemed learner
- "Full marks - met and exceeded expectation. Gladly recommend to anyone grappling MS Project. The PDUs are a great bonus too" - Leila Barton
"One of the best course ANYWHERE. Thanks instructor for shaping our career" - by Taha Syed
IMPORTANT: "How to download Microsoft Project" is answered later below in FAQ section. Keep reading.
Microsoft Project is a beast of a software application - almost 30 years of history! Released mid-1980's on MS-DOS. So, it has every imaginable feature built into it by now - and then even some more.
My promise to you: By the end of this course - you will be incredibly comfortable with Microsoft Project - and you will be able to use Project like a BOSS. You will be able to create, manage and track world class schedules - with complex requirements of resources, allocations, budgets, reporting and tracking - all the way to project completion!!!
Do you want to Master the World's Most Popular Project Management tool? Learn Microsoft Project in this Comprehensive Course.
- Applicable to ALL versions of Microsoft Project - stay miles AHEAD of the curve
- BONUS: Approved for 9 PMI PDU points, under Category 'B'. Penultimate lesson included shows how you can claim this.
- Start from the very basics - this course makes no assumptions
- Earn promotions with your new skills - Become indispensable in your organization
- more than 100+ Project File downloads - PRACTICE EXACTLY what is shown in each and every lecture
- By the end of the course - you will be able to SOLVE the TOUGHEST issues on project scheduling.
- YEARS of experience has been condensed into this course - with generous tips, tricks, best practices, pitfalls - in each and every concept lesson.
A review from a MS Project learner in my course: "I know the above tag is a oxymoron but then it is. A complete course is a detailed to perfection which i did not came across many courses. Srikanth as a tutor/ trainer is very good. Highly Recommended !!!!!" - by Hasib Patel
Learn Microsoft Project to create INCREDIBLY POWERFUL project schedules.
- Learn to Use Project in EVERY STAGE of project management - Initiation, Planning, Execution & Control - and finally Closing.
- Identify REAL LIFE problems - scheduling, costing, resourcing, work allocations!
- Use DYNAMIC REPORTS - powerful, automated, DYNAMIC reports and dashboards
- Save Hundreds of hours and Thousands of dollars - by using resources OPTIMALLY, identifying, preventing and mitigating RISKS
- Learn to Resolve the #1 PROBLEM that Project Managers face with Schedule Management - Resource Over Allocations. 8+ techniques shown in this course - Push dates - Adding Delays, Increase working hours, Balance allocations, Leveling, Work Contours, Use Team Planner view, Use "Assign Resources" feature, Splitting Tasks
- De-mystify the 100s of features in Microsoft Project - Views, Tables, Charts, Formatting, Multiple detail windows etc.
From another learner:
"Thanks for this superb course - I needed to get fully hands on with MS Project fast - and this course has me up and running like nothing else. Have become quite proficient and have others in the office asking my help. Highly recommend this course." - by Chia Lin
What am I going to get from this course?
Important information before you enroll:
how to download ms project
Microsoft only allows download through Office 365 portal, which requires a valid registration.
All the steps to install are on the official Microsoft site, and should be googled for. URLs and Microsoft offerings are changing on a high frequency as I write this in 2020.
The whole process is unfortunately complex. You should register first, then log into the Office portal and finally download and install Project.
FAQ: Can I do this course with MS Project XX?
ANY which version of MS Project you use, this course will be beneficial to you. I mainly use 2016 standalone (desktop) Project Professional for teaching, but occasionally show the latest UI (only when required). This course teaches logic and techniques universal to all major versions of Project in the market today. There will be about ~10% variation in the UI and minor tweaks, but all the critical logic and techniques will be the same.
FAQ: How to get help with installation?
If your office provides Project for you, then seek it from your System Administrator. Else, if you run into issues with the installation, you should seek the help of Microsoft's excellent and live help support system from within the Office portal. And this help is only available through the steps provided in Microsoft's link above. As far as I am aware, this is the only secure and recommended way to get a trial version.
end of "how to download ms project"
"Excellent course. A well-chosen level of information: from the basic (but not obvious) to advanced (but without a huge amount of details, which are not possibly to remember). Very good way of communication. No inconveniences often encountered in other courses like the useless movements of the mouse, clicking on everything what’s possible, repeating sentences several times etcThank you very much." - by Mr. P. Nowakowski
DON'T WAIT - ENROLL INTO THIS COURSE NOW - JOIN OVER 25,000+ LEARNERS WHO HAVE TAKEN MY COURSES.
- Congrats and Welcome
- What is special about this course?
- Course Structure
- How to get the Best from this course
- Where to get Microsoft Project
- Exercises covered in this course - THE BIG PICTURE
- If you are ALREADY familiar with Microsoft Project - what you should do...
- Download exercise files - how these are structured
I will start by firing up Microsoft Project. You will see the splash screen briefly while the software loads up.
This first screen you see now is called as the "Backstage". And this screen will help you create a new file for your project.
OK - now our plan has 10 tasks all together. You can get all of these docs from the exercise files - and recreate this exercise.
One simple thing to notice is that Microsoft Project highlights the changes made in the last step with this light blue color - that you can see here. It is nothing but a visual indication to you...
- Basic proficiency with Windows UI
- Microsoft Project Trial version can be used (search on Microsoft's Office site) - if you don't already have this
- Some familiarity with MS Office will make things even easier - but not absolutely required
- Create EXPERT-LEVEL Project plans using Microsoft Project (all versions) over 10 (TEN) COMPLETE hands-on Project Exercises - progressively elaborated
- Manage all your Resources inside Microsoft Project - whether it is people, money, machinery, licenses or even shared resources
- Create 100s of world-class, self-updating Graphical Reports - at the click of a button
- Resolve OVERALLOCATIONS - using multiple ways provided by Microsoft Project
- Identify Risks a mile ahead - Mitigate them early - Build Contingency in your plans
- Identify Critical Paths as easy as 1-2-3 add Summary tasks
- Make Weekly tracking and reporting a PLEASURE - and not a pain
- Track PROJECT VARIANCE at a microscopic level if you please
- PRACTICE with 100+ project download files in various stages of the 10 exercises covered
- CORE TEACHINGS - you can use ANY Project flavour (online, offline, desktop, professional) - what you learn here will not get obsolete
Srikanth's recent leadership role as Senior Software Delivery Manager for one of the World's Largest Learning Management System implementation for online structured higher education - with more than 400,000 students pursuing online Masters/Bachelors and Certificate for one of India's largest and most diversified Education Providers with a global footprint in countries including the US, Singapore, UAE-Dubai, Malaysia etc.
Srikanth has directly managed clients including Telegraph Media Group UK, Microsoft, Yahoo, Marriott, Expedia, British Airways, Precise Media Group UK, Sequoia Media Group US, Tesco, and Hooper Holmes Inc. Managed teams sized in excess of 50, cross functional and projects/products in excess of 15 million USD.
Srikanth has over 18 years of experience in Software Delivery Management, Project and Program Management, design and architecture, development of software solutions, spanning high-transaction enterprise level applications to standalone product development. He has extensive exposure to successful Program/Project management techniques such as PMP and Prince2; Experience in various software development methodologies like ISV Product Lifecycle, traditional Waterfall, Agile (Scrum and DSDM).
Extensive experience in Proposal Engineering – effort, schedule and pricing estimations using WBS, COCOMO, pre-sales and customer relations – specially in Off shoring model. Specialties: Proposal Engineering, Product Development, Client relationships, high complexity and visibility software delivery management, architecture and design.